Your Thoughts Please

jcoop1

Hello, Just something I want some opinions on.

Some information about this plan

1. N Scale
2. Double main line
3. Benchwork will fallow trackplan with the exception of the dotted lines.
4. Expect yard in Industrail area.
5. Looking for allot of switching in "major" industrial area.
6. Will have off track staging (under "industrial area"
7. Min radius is 18" with the exception of the upper right corner. That had to be
12" to make everything fit. It will be in a mountain so I am not worried about what the passenger cars look like in that corner. But Kato says they will run on a 9" min.

This is my first real "Plan" so please be kind, but want to hear your honest opions.

Thanks for any ideas.

John

Will_annand

John, just one comment so far.
Remember you have to be able to reach the back corners, both for doing scenery and also in case of derailments.

jcoop1

Hi Will

Yes, I have thought about that allot. This plan is a radical change from my first because of that. Everything is within 2.5 feet with the exception of the upper right corner, it is about 3". I know it will be a reach, but I am over 6'6" and have a very long reach.

That corner will be under a mountain and I will have access to the track from underneath (I hope). I know the construction may be harder but I should be able to complete the work befor I push it against the wall. I did fail to state that the upper and right hand side will be up against a wall. the lower and left will have access.

I would love to hear any comments about yard placement. I have never done any operations but I love to make up trains.
Thanks
John