Your favorite printer poll

Discussion in 'Tools of the Trade' started by cgutzmer, Jun 11, 2007.

1. charliec

charliec Active Member

Had an Epson - hated it - endless clogging problems.

Currently using a Canon i560 (sadly no longer in production) - reliable, doesn't clog, easy to refill cartridges and happily prints card to at least 250 gsm.

2. yaniv

yaniv Active Member

i have graphix printer EPSON R200 and i realy like it and its realy fix for card models
  3. Rick Thomson

Rick Thomson Member

I quite like my HP 1315 all in one, I had a couple of Lexmarks before this one, and while they were nice, the ink cartridges were just a tad bit dear.

The HP cartridges are as well of course, but I have no problems finding no-names.
  4. Gearz

Gearz Member

What's a ... Printer?

5. Gil

Gil Active Member

Canon i560. I have really mistreated this little jewel and it just keeps on printing beautifully day after day..., never clogs and ink is cheap and available.

6. Bengt F

Bengt F Active Member

Favourite Printer

Hi all,

Epson is the brand for me - the big R1800 A3+ size printer with pigmented ink gives me beautiful, tack sharp prints every time. It is also very forgiving on really thick card.

Bengt :smile:
  7. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

Speaking of which.....

I just got an email today for free color laserjet printers from xerox

I dont print enough models myself to get this but some of you that work in small business's might be able to use this....

Doesnt hurt to try!
  8. MOS95B

MOS95B Member

I'm actuaslly kinda suprised by this poll. I didn't expect Epson to come out on top.

I don't know that I would say they're my "favorite", but my last two printers have been Epsons. I have a CX-5200 all-in-one that I still use for scanning (it clogged, so printer ist kaput). For printing, I have an R-200 which has worked great for the last couple of years. But, the ink is expensive. Costs me abpout as much for ink as it would to replace the printer, but I just don't need an extra printer floating around the house. So, I've been researching Continuous Ink Systems for it.
  9. Millimodels

Millimodels Member

At the computer fairs here in the north of England there is someone who sells a continuous ink supply system based on an Epson. I'm not sure of the price but I remember it being reasonable if you do a fair amount of printing.

Robin Madge
  10. shoki2000

shoki2000 Active Member

I had HP 1220 and loved it until I started printing more models on cardstock - printer had constant problems with handling cardstock.
    Few months ago HP gave out last breath and I got myself Epson R220.
    Few things I love about it 1. Price $69, 2. No problem with handling carstock since it's a top fed printer 3. 6 separate ink cartridges.
    When the cartridges supplied with printer run out I got myself Continous Ink System :grin:
  11. MOS95B

MOS95B Member

Millimodels - Looks like I will be spending about $100 for my Epson to go continuous, which is reasonable to me considering the models I've been making lately (49 pages of Rodger Young :cry: ) and my Awesomemobile Kit-Bash is up to about 20 pages so far, with trial and error

Shoki - What type did you get and where? if I might be so bold as to ask...

Everyone else - We now return you to your regularly scheduled discussion....
  12. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

mos95b - I find this to be very relevant to the topic at hand :) it could easily be used towards someone deciding what kind of printer to get.... :D
  13. shoki2000

shoki2000 Active Member

14. paulhbell

paulhbell Guest

Millimodels-I've just reread the thread. Epson R220 prints direct to cd/dvd. Search on ebay, a few on there, a good printer for photos, more than excellent for card models and I've not had any clogging problems, like other members have said, but I do use it nearly every day, so it's switched on most of the time. Try not to buy a second hand printer off ebay, unless you can check it yourself.
  15. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

yes it does! I must have missed that - I have the 220 and it does a really good job at printing on the white inkjet printable dvd/cd's

I dont use my more than a few times a week but i do leave it powered on all the time as well - maybe thats what is saving me from clogs....
  16. shoki2000

shoki2000 Active Member

Mention of Ebay was for the CIS. I wouldn't recomend buying a secondhand one, especially since those printers are readily and cheaply available almost at any store :wink:
  17. paulhbell

paulhbell Guest

I was thinking of getting the continuous system, anyone think it matches the standard carts for quality.
  18. Millimodels

Millimodels Member

Yes it's the R220 that I am using (and pleased with) but if you go to the Epson site they are advertising some long lasting ink "DURABrite" that I would like to try, it having been recommended by a friend who produces greetings cards, but it seems to be limited to 3 colour printers and the R220 is a 5 colour printer.

Robin Madge
  19. N. Charles Hann

N. Charles Hann New Member

pixma ip6600d, canon is my main and a ole but reliable bjc 8200 for the light weight stuff. ink it too expensive for the ip6600d but the bjc 8200 can use refilled cartridges.
    i bought ip6600d as a referbrished model and no trouble with it at all. but i am in the market for a larger format,11x17?
  20. aphelion16

aphelion16 Member

I curremtly us an HP 920c. I have always used HP's with no problems. Love 'em.