Your favorite planes to model

Discussion in 'General Card Modeling' started by cgutzmer, Nov 2, 2006.

1. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

What are your favorite planes to model?

I like WWII the best so far though I havent had much chance to expand my horizons yet.....
  2. paper warrior

paper warrior Member

WWII for me too
  3. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

PW!!! You posted before the poll was up :) you are fast :)
  4. paper warrior

paper warrior Member

saw it on the home page
  5. RyanShort1

RyanShort1 Member

As a private pilot I'd like to see more of the types of aircraft I've flown, such as the Piper Tomahawk, etc... That's why I voted for late civil, assuming that means basically post-WW2.

6. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

Yeah, I had to leave it kind of general :)
  7. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

I've never met a plane I haven't liked!

If it fly.............. and even some of 'em that couldn't it's my favorite.
  8. Willja67

Willja67 Member

It's amazing how getting to know a plane can make you like it. I voted for WWII and they are truly my favorites. I have to admit though that I used to think that C-172's were kind of homely but since I've learned to fly I find them quite beautiful in their own right.
  9. Darwin

Darwin Member

For me, the most interesting periods to model are the between-war periods, especially the golden age aircraft of the transition period from biplanes to monoplanes, with the early jet aircraft as a very close second. If the question was what was my single favorite airplane to model, I would have to go with the Skyray....which I have yet to find in paper medium. The Cutlass would come in closely in second place in my hit parade.
  10. cdcoyle

cdcoyle Member

11. EricGoedkoop

EricGoedkoop Member

What about the Pioneer Era?
  12. speedless

speedless Member

Attached Files:

13. lizzienewell

lizzienewell Member

Tell me more. Where is that craft located and what is she called?
  14. FlyGuy

FlyGuy New Member

Pilot's choice...

I voted for late-civil aircraft. No matter how cool the other types are (and they are ALL cool!), you never forget the one that carried you through your first solo. For me that was C-152 N46889; I'm still looking for a 152 model that I can re-color to match her...

Attached Files:

15. yaniv

yaniv Active Member

ww2 most but also some of the jets

like the f15 su27-35 migs and some cool stuf

must i like war planes but i u cen never know what will BOB meke us like the 707 :)
  16. lizzienewell

lizzienewell Member

For aircraft, I'm stickly interested in amphibious, floatplanes, hovercraft, and ekranoplans.

Oh but then.... I could get interested in modeling HPVs(human powered vehicals).

17. -Jim G

-Jim G Member

Fiddlersgreen has a simple model of a 152 that you could start on... I would not bet on its accuracy to scale:

-Jim G
  18. Rick Thomson

Rick Thomson Member

The Cold Warriors will always be my favourites. They looked like a jet should look like.
  19. speedless

speedless Member

Its called "the gull 3" and was made here in denmark,around 1915-17
    and is located at "The Danish Tecnical Museum"
    You should see this for real,the craftmanship on the hull lookes like something coming from chippendale.
    See new tread for more pics. on reference shelf.
  20. FlyGuy

FlyGuy New Member

C152 - Thanks!

Thanks Jim, I got it!

Now all I have to do is ...modify it.;)

Oh yeah, I guess I'll have to build it too...