Young man from China

open

Hello everyone
* I am from China, a steam engine enthusiast, I love the steam engine model, especially steam engines of knowledge, because now I'm doing my hobby and Chinese-style steam engine model
c1f45f2efdd21cbc210d0f03ed4920ff.jpg

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
Welcome to the forum, you sure came in with a "Bang"! Beautiful craftsmanship! Welcome aboard! :)

Rhaven Blaack

!!!THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN!!!
Staff member
Administrator
Welcome to the forum.
I have always been interested and fascinated by this sort thing.
I am looking forward to seeing more of your work.

If you have any questions, comments, concerns, need help or advice. Please feel free to ask, and we will do what we can to help you (or at least point you in the right direction).

Once again, welcome aboard. I hope that you enjoy yourself here.

open

Welcome to the forum.
I have always been interested and fascinated by this sort thing.
I am looking forward to seeing more of your work.

If you have any questions, comments, concerns, need help or advice. Please feel free to ask, and we will do what we can to help you (or at least point you in the right direction).

Once again, welcome aboard. I hope that you enjoy yourself here.
Ah ~ I will definitely learn a lot of things here, because there are you!

Rogerio Silva

Open

One question: do you manufacture your own parts, or just build kits? The reason I ask you this is because making such fine, small parts would take a lot of interdisciplinary skills, and if you have them, then you've got another admirer of your work: me! sign1

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
Most of these engines are kits that you have to finish off, with either polishing, or some machine work. You can scratch build them from plans obviously. The "package" he is building does not seem to be a kit. The engine may or may not be. Getting a steam engine to work out of the box isn't easy. The car body seems to be scratch built, lots of straight cuts parts, no compound curves. The end result is a really authentic model, and it is actually steam powered! There are lots of ready made components, like wheels gears, and pulleys, flat stock with holes, that you can purchase, and if available, are far cheaper to buy usually than to make, unless you have the equipment. I think that steam launches (boats) make some of the neatest models as they are easily radio controlled and work extremely well. These kits aren't "cheap". The car pictured below costs £207.00, and that does not include freight!

I have always wanted to make a Sterling Engine but they do not scale up or down!

Bottom line is this hobby takes a lot of effort and also gives a lot of pleasure. The level of pre-assembled and finished off parts you purchase are dependent on your abilities and equipment you have to finish off the engine. It all requires skill and it is fun, and the engines could be used on paper models, if done carefully, aluminum foil for insulation as an example. :)

http://www.mamod.co.uk/shop-categories/1406b-steam-roadster-kit-sa1k-burgundy

1406-Steam-Roadster-Kit-SA1K-Burgundy1.jpg

open

Open

One question: do you manufacture your own parts, or just build kits? The reason I ask you this is because making such fine, small parts would take a lot of interdisciplinary skills, and if you have them, then you've got another admirer of your work: me! sign1
Thank you very much. I am trying to do more, because in the process of doing fun ~ ~ ~

open

zathros
I currently do not have to do the Sterling engine, because I think the steam engine fun points (personal interest decides) so, in which may not give advice to you.

Steam engine that I did a few there along with back valve, there is what I want to do a few sell me this DIY vintage car, you think of this idea? Because I have been buying more static models, there are two colors, work begins next week!

The steam engine.
Twin Cylinder Marine Steam Engine Model
83f0970c6a07118d0cfaaf1228197ab0.jpg

marine-steam-engine.jpg

V2.gif

SINGLE CYLINDER STEAM ENGINE
new-single-cylinder-steam-engine-worldwide.jpg

0.gif

The small oscillation 4-cylinder steam engine with Steam boiler feed pump
f2499f931f56bce8ccd3dc02a2d0af31.jpg

e33ba841916c263976a4a7cfdbbef2ef.jpg

Steam Engine Model Car

14500d9fe189d7b5976f57e92d6a82fb.jpg

Car2.gif

Rogerio Silva

I do listen to Zathros... Again!

Open

Whether you've built from scratch or just assembled it, it involves a lot of work, like Zathros said. By the pictures you have posted, I can see the ammount of effort you have put into it to assemble and make it work, and that alone is a great merit.
Congrats! :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :cool: :cool: :cool:

open

Open

Whether you've built from scratch or just assembled it, it involves a lot of work, like Zathros said. By the pictures you have posted, I can see the ammount of effort you have put into it to assemble and make it work, and that alone is a great merit.
Congrats! :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :cool: :cool: :cool:
Yes, I spent a week to do a, then I do 10 cars, it is very time-consuming things, because the new engine came to me, I will make good use of it

open

Most of these engines are kits that you have to finish off, with either polishing, or some machine work. You can scratch build them from plans obviously. The "package" he is building does not seem to be a kit. The engine may or may not be. Getting a steam engine to work out of the box isn't easy. The car body seems to be scratch built, lots of straight cuts parts, no compound curves. The end result is a really authentic model, and it is actually steam powered! There are lots of ready made components, like wheels gears, and pulleys, flat stock with holes, that you can purchase, and if available, are far cheaper to buy usually than to make, unless you have the equipment. I think that steam launches (boats) make some of the neatest models as they are easily radio controlled and work extremely well. These kits aren't "cheap". The car pictured below costs £207.00, and that does not include freight!

I have always wanted to make a Sterling Engine but they do not scale up or down!

Bottom line is this hobby takes a lot of effort and also gives a lot of pleasure. The level of pre-assembled and finished off parts you purchase are dependent on your abilities and equipment you have to finish off the engine. It all requires skill and it is fun, and the engines could be used on paper models, if done carefully, aluminum foil for insulation as an example. :)

http://www.mamod.co.uk/shop-categories/1406b-steam-roadster-kit-sa1k-burgundy

1406-Steam-Roadster-Kit-SA1K-Burgundy1.jpg
Sterling engine I didn't do it, because I personally like steam machine points. I have this steam engine several of their own, I want to make better use of it