You make time for trains, but ...

Mastiffdog

Sep 7, 2003
It's Saturday afternoon, and since most of us work during the week, it's hard to work on hobbies. Saturday rolls around and all I can think about is my layout and what aspect I want to work on next. Yet, although this may be going through my head (and maybe yours too), what other activities would you consider:

1. Watch college football?

2. Do stuff around the house you have been putting off for awhile?

3. Get out early and play golf?

4. Fear that you'll be victimized by the wife (or ex-wife) with a honey do list (or you better pick up the kids because I'm not driving anywhere, in the case of the ex-wife)?

5. Forget about the layout and hit a few hobby shops in the area?

6. Sit on your keyster for 3 hours and watch the "going, going, gone" list on the HO stuff on Ebay?

7. Do what the kids want to do as long as a stop at the hobby shop and your favorite burger place are on the itinerary?

8. Pray for November 1 because that is when most hobby shops open for Sunday shopping, so you don't have to worry about Saturdays?

I know all of you can't wait to jump in here ...

Dog

"He never bites, he never fights"

Attachments

• scooter 2.jpg
    scooter 2.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 216
Hi, this is my first post here. Your mention of the watching the "going, going, gone" made me laugh out loud. This is how my Saturday has been going- Impulsively run the BLI A Class 2-6-6-4,
which arrived yesterday, every ten minutes. Then run my older engines to show them I haven't forgotten them even though they don't have a Quantum sound system.

shaygetz

May 2, 2003
www.freewebs.com
1. I'll listen to the game/race in the background, somewhere between the piercing screams of my two loving children fighting each other.

3. Golf?

5. No coin, no browse. Hard, fast rule, saves a lot of grief.

I'm almost certain that's the dog that ate my Yugo.

Mastiffdog

Sep 7, 2003
Shaygetz,

Dog is about 250lbs. and eats pretty light compared to a 250lb human. Dog is better than human because it never complains and when Dog is ill they are never faking it.

Also Dog2 who's a pup and he checks in at about 150lbs, he's only 10 mos. old though.

Right now the older Dog is recovering from 2 separate knee replacements and has a tough time getting up (we would too!) once he gets going he walks fine with a limp. Kind of reminds me of a big steam loco trying to get going.

We go through about 8 40lb sacks a month of food plus a couple cases of canned food - total of 5 dogs.

Dog

"He'll never bite, he'll never fight"

eightyeightfan1

Now I'm AMP'd
Jun 18, 2002
Torrington, Ct.
Sit for three hours and watch the race. After the race I'll work on a project for the layout.

Golf? I can find better things to do like sitting for three hours watching the race.

Ex-wife...No kids.

Shop with Better Half in which SHE suggests going to the LHS.

Ebay!......No Way!

With my work sheduale, I usually take care of the "honey-do" list during the week...Which frees me up for sitting for three hours watching the race.

Nope, don't like footbawl.

Sometimes.

Don't play golf.

4. Fear that you'll be victimized by the wife (or ex-wife) with a honey do list (or you better pick up the kids because I'm not driving anywhere, in the case of the ex-wife)?

I have no S.O.

Sometimes. ;)

6. Sit on your keyster for 3 hours and watch the "going, going, gone" list on the HO stuff on Ebay?

Usually the N scale section, but once in a blue moon.

7. Do what the kids want to do as long as a stop at the hobby shop and your favorite burger place are on the itinerary?

I am the kid... a big fat 23 year old kid.

8. Pray for November 1 because that is when most hobby shops open for Sunday shopping, so you don't have to worry about Saturdays?

That's a convenience... but not a big deal. I find it more annoying that my LHS is closed Sunday AND Monday... but I suppose they need rest sometimes too.

brakie

Nov 8, 2001
Bucyrus,Ohio
Visit site
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Not likely..I am not a ball fan of any type.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
No,I keep my work caught up during the week so the weekend is free to do as I please.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Nope.I got better thins to do the whack a little white ball and chase it down to whack it again.:D LOL..Joking of course.I do not play golf.
After loosing my wife in a car wreck I have remain a bachelor for that very reason-NO HONEY DO LISTS!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I end up doing both..It doesn't take me all day at the shop unless I go to Columbus,Toledo or Lorain as these are long drives.
No,I only watch the end of the auction on items I am bidding on or notice a bidding war going on.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
No longer a problem for me as my kids are Adults now but,I recall those days..Of course a stop at a burger joint is still in order.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
No,I do as I please and come and as I please another nice thing about being a bachelor. :D Come to think of it I been a bachelor almost 11 years and I don't think I could put up with a wife..In fact I know I couldn't after enjoying my freedom so long from such.:D

jawatkins

Aug 21, 2003
Allen, TX
Visit site

No, while I love football, I prefer pro football. Would rather watch a hockey game on Saturdays or any other day the Dallas Stars are playing.

2. Do stuff around the house.......?

Saturday is my only day off, so I do a little, but don't beat myself up too badly if I just goof off, life is too short....

3. Play golf..?

I think golf is boring, but to each his own..

4. Bugged by wife or ex-wife...?

I am somebody's ex-wife:D I don't get honey- do lists to worry over, (and neither does my boyfriend,) we take care of our own stuff. In fact, he gets a little ticked if I spend my day off cleaning the house or working in the yard, he would prefer I spend my time relaxing.... Ain't he a sweetheart???

5. Forget about the layout....?

Sometimes, but don't get to the LHS often, but a stop at Wendy's when we do is great!!

6. Sit on my keyster...?

Don't do Ebay

7. Do what the kids want....?

Well, that's a long story.....

8. Pray for November 1st...

I work on Sundays so the hobby shop being open then wouldn't help me much.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it!

YakkoWarner

Mar 10, 2001
Orange County, NC.
www.the-gauge.com
I work every other weekend so on the off weekends I...

1) get up early and spend a few moments outside drinking tea and watching the world wake-up.

2) cook breakfast for the family, usually scratch waffles or french toast, sometimes eggs and bacon.

3) send the kids to the cartoon room and work on the trains for about two hours, then pretend to work on the trains for about half an hour while the six year old and the three year old "help."

4) suggest we go build a train in the living room, spend an hour setting up the most convoluted coolest weirdest bestest brio train in the living room, run the trains around two times and commence to play Powerpuff Girls and the City of Townsville!

5) little one down for a nap, big one off to karate.

6) clean the house.

7) work on whatever house project is going on now, or learn more about woodworking (trial and error method).

I love saturdays.