You guys gotta see this!!!

Discussion in 'Track Planning' started by 2slim, Sep 30, 2004.

1. capt_turk

capt_turk Member

I envy you all your room for trains. I'm single myself, lost her and feel the same. I'm building my layout in a 31' RV. Over the dinette, across the door with a drawbridge, over the computer desk, to the front passenger seat. Set in the early 1900's. Colorado style Town over the dinette, the plains over the desk with train robbers and indians, to a south Louisiana style harbor over the front seat. All sections removeable too. I might get a bigger motor home, so I'll have more room for trains.
    As for wives and girlfriends, they are way more trouble than they are worth!!! , and they take up too much train space....
  2. theBear

theBear Member

A word of warning for us married or dating types:

NEVER EVER tell the wife or girlfriend they take up too much train space [​IMG] it will be the last thing you ever do [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] .

3. Woodie

Woodie Active Member

Only in America, as they say!! :eek: :cool: :rolleyes:
  4. Clerk

Clerk Active Member

I showed the pictures to my wife and she kept repeating NO NO NO NO NO NO
  5. jeff_in_tx

jeff_in_tx New Member

Actually, I love it when I come across stuff like this. It makes my, um... peculiarities seem quite tame in comparison. "See, Honey, I'm not as crazy as you think I am..." ;)

And our next-door neighbor just bought a $20,000 motorcycle. "Yeah, Dear, I go overboard with the train stuff sometimes but at least I didn't buy a $20,000 motorcycle!"

Thanks goodness for the outliers, for they make the rest of us look sane. :D
  6. theBear

theBear Member

Hey that gives me an idea.

Do you think the banks would write a loan for $20,000 worth of model railroading gear ?

Let me see, my freindly banker's phone number is .... [​IMG] [​IMG] .
  7. YakkoWarner

YakkoWarner Member

oddly enough, I don't think the guy is that far out there. He seems to be aproaching it from a problem solving perspective and enjoying the results of his inginuity.

I guess I am very lucky to have my wife. I have the motorcycle <i>and</i> the trains. She has her motorcycle too, and her quilting things. My only rule (self imposed) is to put house projects ahead of train projects.

I personally couldn't deal with ducking under a track to go to the bathroom everyday for three years, but I also couldn't deal with the time and effort needed to own and operate a late sixties british car either.
  8. rcline

rcline Member

Well it's like this, My wife is a train nut also. But she did lay the law down. All trains stay out in the game room (30'x30'), or else! Thats the law! So what can I say when the boss speaks!
  9. rcline

rcline Member

I called my wife (Brenda) in to see the photos, all she had to say was, what a pig, he needs a real life! He needs a REAL woman instead of a cat.
  10. Stephenr216

Stephenr216 New Member

Help out your fellow man, please.

I have been accused of being obsessive at times. I think anyone who puts hundreds of hours into a 3' by 6' space could easily qualify as obsessive. But this guy has taken it to the extreme. Please. Someone who lives in Washington please take this guy out for a beer. Watch a football game with him, play him a game of chess; he has got to get out and do something besides model trains.
  11. I_LuV_AliyA

I_LuV_AliyA Member

hahaha wow. no comment!
  12. 2-8-2

2-8-2 Member

All I can say is... [​IMG]

For those speculating about the marital status of this guy, here is a quote from the last page on his site:

"Usually weekends are best, but call or give a warning first (my apartment looks like a workshop most the time, need to make it presentable...but hey, it's perfect for a bachelor)."

I've always thought it would be cool to have a train running from room to room like that. Well, not like that! I would do something closer to the ceiling, maybe 12" from. It wouldn't have to be anything fancy, just a simple loop with some interesting scenery and maybe a few small structures. It would make a nice little shelf layout for a basement family or game room.