You guys gotta see this!!!

Discussion in 'Track Planning' started by 2slim, Sep 30, 2004.

1. 2slim

2slim Member

Boy you can tell this guy isn't married, not sure if he has a 'significant other' either. It is pretty creative though.

2slim :thumb:

Apartment layout
  2. SteamerFan

SteamerFan Member

I'd say someone with no significant anything, no way anyone else either coming over or living there could put up with that. even i think it's a bit much ;P
  3. 2slim

2slim Member

I agree Jay, I wonder what his apartment manager thinks! They are obviosly pretty tolerant, he mentions he's lived there for 3 years!!

4. Nscalemodeler

Nscalemodeler Member

Incredible is all I can say. I love trains but...:eek:
  5. b28_82

b28_82 Member

his name title says it all. I love trains but when it comes to my living space, need a separation. I think i would start to get sick of them if I had to duck under going through the hallway, the bathroom, the sliding door, and worry about dropping clothes on the tracks while switching from the washer to the dryer. I think practicality says it all.
  6. Papa Bear

Papa Bear Member

I showed it to Mama Bear. She thought he might be a bit obsessive. :D
  7. CharlesH.

CharlesH. Member

Good night nurse! And my mother thinks I'm deranged for building a 4x7 layout! (No doubt the cat got evicted)
  8. CN1

CN1 Active Member

No significant other for sure

No life

Won't get one that way
  9. jetrock

jetrock Member

The absolute giveaway is the condition of the sink--only a bachelor would have a mountain of dishes like that!
  10. brakie

brakie Active Member

Guys,I am a bachelor..My layouts is in the master bedroom..My work desk and computer is in the living room..See when one lives solo he/she can do as they bloody well please and answers to nobody but self... :thumb: :D Now the idea has cross my mind to add a On30 loop around the living room just above the front door.. :eek: :thumb: BTW pictures of locomotives hang on my living room walls as does a 24"x 24" C&O for Progress sign that I got from the scrap bin when I worked on the C&O...What does my company say when they come visiting? Nothing..You see 90% of my friends are model railroaders. :thumb: The other are what I call "muggles" (non railroading folk) but,they are use to it..Of course first time guest usually look surprise and I fear think I am weird or out of my mind. :eek: Then some asks "You like trains?" I feel like saying No,they just moved in on their own accord. :rolleyes: Of course there are those few first time vistors that wants to see the trains. :thumb:
  11. Fred_M

Fred_M Guest

Hehe, I love it and all, but I can't help but think of the cat woman who had 857 cats living in here house with her. :D But it would be what my house would look like if I was unmarried, but mine would be in HO. Life worth of work he is undertaking. Fred
  12. Chessie6459

Chessie6459 Gauge Oldtimer

Looks good

LOL Fred :D :D
  13. jetrock

jetrock Member

I suppose the "gee, must be a bachelor" reaction is just the defensive reaction of us old married guys, who have to convince ourselves that it is much better to be married than to be a bachelor who never washes the dishes and can have a layout in the bedroom and living room--while my wife is very tolerant of my train habit, and is even open to putting a small trolley layout in the living room, if I tried to put a line into the bedroom, let's just say that's the ONLY fun I would have in the bedroom for a long time!
  14. jdscales040

jdscales040 Member

I've had it single, married, single again and married again.... I'd rather be married. Life can s**k when you're alone. My sink would NEVER look like that! It's not that I'm a neat freak, but come on now............

Trains are nice, but there is too much of a good thing. We have a three bedroom townhouse and my wife thinks model railroading is cool, but my trains still share with this PC, my desk and a table to build stuff. The other spare room is another bedroom for guests. Still lots of room for what I want to do model railroad wise.

John D.

15. brakie

brakie Active Member

John,For me I would rather be a bachelor..You see there is NO honey do lists,I come and go as I please,NO IN-LAWS(outlaws?) no gee I like to go to the train show but the old lady wants to do this or that and above all I need not answer to anybody but self..
    Make no mistake I love my late wife dearly but,she was one of a kind. :thumb:
  16. N Gauger

N Gauger 1:20.3 Train Addict

Well - I'm married and have 1 Step-Daughter living with us and my sink does look like that sometimes. I have the HO going around the dining room 6" beneath the ceiling. I have HO on 8' shelf in the living room and have a display of Standargd Gauge trains in the bedroom (6 Ft shelf). Then there's the main layout: G gauge 12 X 8 Ft in the basement.

I have Baldwain artifacts & Pics of trains scattered all over the house, my wife knows all about "Model Railroaders Disease" :D :D :D

My Only restriction, I can't have anything even resembling a train in her office - or the bathroom. :) We peacfully co-exist with the 2 Pomeranians, 2 cats, 1 Iguana and a mess load of trains & memorabilia. All in a row home 18ft X 36 Ft :D :D :D

Yes - if you do the math - the layout takes up a little less than 1/4 of the basement :)
  17. Tileguy

Tileguy Member

Obviously a very lonely guy.
    Larry,there's a differance between having had and lost and never having had at all.No woman in any state of sanity would say yes to a second date.
    However, if it makes him happy,there ya go.
    It just goes to show you that even though many of us are train nuts,there are those who make us look pale by comparison :D
  18. FM 1446

FM 1446 New Member

I love model trains but I love women so much more. You've gotta make sure you don't drop everything that makes you a strong sexual man to focus on model trains. Hell, you can bring a women over to see your train collection, start a movie, sip some champange and get rowdy.

Women are the best. I love them. :D
  19. philip

philip Guest

if only :thumb:
  20. rebel

rebel New Member

What you are realy missing is the worry, when you have someone else, particualy kids, you cant work as fast or ay all sometimes because of things going on now or things your little darlings got planed for the future, try arguing with a 17 year old ect.