You gotta see this !

Discussion in 'G / O / S Scale Model Trains' started by Atlanticflier, Jul 7, 2003.

1. Atlanticflier

Atlanticflier New Member

This was posted by Brian to the email service.
    "I've seen it all now:

Be sure and click the "Construction Photos" link at the bottom of the page.

Brian P. Kreimendahl
    >Documenting, photographing and modeling modern intermodal transport
    >Intermodal Editor, "Railmodel Journal"

Steven -
    You won't believe this NS Triple Crown Service:
    enjoy and be amazed !
  2. billk

billk Active Member

I'm speechless for a change! One question - why?
  3. belg

belg Member

I think this is someone with just to much MONEY and TIME on their hands. I just hope that they give rides to kids or something.
  4. Dangerboy81

Dangerboy81 New Member

Whats wrong with the way this fellow enjoys the hobby?I think that train looks cool.
  5. Blake

Blake Member

Wow, now that is sooooooooo cool.
  6. MagicMan_841

MagicMan_841 Member

"I've seen it all", yep, me too

looks very good, though, I'd like to have this kind of stuff in my backyard.
  7. Catt

Catt Guest

Must be N wide Gauge.:D :D :D
  8. Drew1125

Drew1125 Active Member

Either that Catt, or the dude is really, REALLY SMALL!! :D

Ha...& my wife thought I was a train nut!:D :p :rolleyes: :D
  9. leghome

leghome Member

There is a link on the New Unionville page
    I have visited thses guys and talked to them at the last GATS show in Indianapolis. The equipment is amazing and they have regular runs for people visiting Johnson County Park south of Edinburg IN. I do not think I could afford to buy any of thier equipment cause I can barely afford my N-scale stuff.
  10. Ralph

Ralph's for fun!

Wow! That's amazing!!!! I'd like to see the rest of the railroad.
  11. Tyson Rayles

Tyson Rayles Active Member

While it is really awesome work I also have to wonder why. Nothing wrong with doing it mind you, but after watching it go around a couple of times then what? Don't think kids could actually ride on em'. Can't haul anything with em'. Nice excerise in modeling but 15 times over? Oh well, it's his railroad and he's enjoying it his way and really that's all that matters! :) And it is awesome modeling, the detail is unreal.
  12. shaygetz

shaygetz Active Member too cool.
  13. Matthyro

Matthyro Will always be re-membered

There are a number of clubs in the Toronto area with gauges from 2.5inches, 3.5 inches, 4.75inches and 7.5 inches with interesting long tracks winding through the bush. These modellers usually offer rides to the public one Sunday a month or something similar. Most locos are home built live steam.
    It is amazing to see the fantastic locos these folks have made and to see them in action. This is not just running around a circle. Most have interesting trackage.
  14. Dan Vincent

Dan Vincent Member

Wow, I wish I had the property and money it takes to do something like this.

Large scale trains that you can actually ride on have to be the ultimate.

Got to win that lottery.
  15. Ray Marinaccio

Ray Marinaccio Active Member

Oh Yea! That's nice.
    I grew up with back yard railroading. Thanks to my father. It doesn't have to cost a fortune. But once your hooked you most likely will.
    There is a group in Phoenix, check out their web site.

16. Chessie6459

Chessie6459 Gauge Oldtimer

Here is a site for all of you to check out,

I am currently reconstructing the whole site to bring it up to date. We model in 1" and 1-1/2" inch scales. I hope you enjoy my website and feel free to leave a comment in the guest book.
  17. Clerk

Clerk Active Member

My wife and I went to Oklahoma 3 years ago to visit with our two grandkids, daughter and son in law. He took us to a train layout that must have covered at least a acre of ground. He made up a train that consisted of a jp7 and 3 cars. He then took us for a ride through tunnels, over bridges, up and down grades, around a small lake. The ride took about 2 hours. What a thrill that was. One of the bridges we went over, they forgot to tell me to duck and I ended up with a small knot on my head. Other than that it was a great ride. Afterward he took us into a barn and here were 3 steam engines. One of them partially torn down and that was when I discovered that they really ran on steam all oil fired. I had noticed several water towers on our ride and now saw why. Our son in law said he would have liked to take out a steam engine but would take to long to get it fired up and ready.:wave: :wave: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
  18. shamus

shamus Registered Member

Now thats a model railroad, love it a lot.