You gotta see this!

bigsteel

Call me Mr.Tinkertrain
wow,that is a serious use of the word "small scale railroading" LOL ,that was really cool.--josh

N

nachoman

imagine how much trackage you would have it you filled a whole room with a layout that scale. what is that, somthing like 1/19320 scale?

kevin

dks2855

Thanks, all, it was a lot of fun to make. Actually this one was the second that I made--the first, which is slightly larger, is on Rick Spano's Sceniced and Undecided.

I've made a great many "micro" animation devices ove rthe years. A few of them appear on this page.

Oh, by the way, hello all! My first post here, and what should I find but a thread about my work. Very gratifying!

dks2855

Hello, all, my first post here--sort of. The first time I posted, nothing showed up. A little while later, I posted again, and it still didn't show up. Came back a few hours later, and both posts were there. I deleted one of them as a duplicate, and they both disappeared!

Methinks some gremlins are afoot...

Anyway, lots more videos of some of my "micro-animation" projects are here.

dks2855

OK, folks, this will be my fourth attempt to post to this thread (perhaps it's a message from the gods that I'm not allowed to respond here). This would have been my first post at The Gauge were it not for the technical glitches.

At any rate, the micro-layout seen in the videos is actually the second one I've built. the first, which is slightly larger, is on Rick Spano's Sceniced and Undecided.

I intend to make more of these in the future, including a large (so to speak) club layout with multiple trains running, and a backyard garden railroad.

I've made many such micro-animation devices over the years; you can see some of them in action on this page.

By the way, hello, all! And thanks for the compliments on my absurd little layout. Oddly enough, I did not use any magnification aids to build it (I could not do that again today).

Cannonball

More Trains Than Brains
OK, folks, this will be my fourth attempt to post to this thread (perhaps it's a message from the gods that I'm not allowed to respond here). This would have been my first post at The Gauge were it not for the technical glitches.

At any rate, the micro-layout seen in the videos is actually the second one I've built. the first, which is slightly larger, is on Rick Spano's Sceniced and Undecided.

I intend to make more of these in the future, including a large (so to speak) club layout with multiple trains running, and a backyard garden railroad.

I've made many such micro-animation devices over the years; you can see some of them in action on this page.

By the way, hello, all! And thanks for the compliments on my absurd little layout. Oddly enough, I did not use any magnification aids to build it (I could not do that again today).

Hi, David!
Welcome to the Gauge! :wave:

Sorry about the technical difficulties. We just went through an upgrade a few days ago and Aministration is still trying to get the bugs worked out.

We'll all definately be checking out your vids! These little micro scale layouts are amazing!

Hope you'll stick around and enjoy the site! :)

Travellar

let's see... HO scale is 1:87, N is 1:160, so this must be about 1:13,920. WOW! That's not an HO layout on an N-scale track, thats's an N-scale layout on an HO track!

Either way, I feel shamed that my own layout is so very far below this level of perfection.

Pitchwife

Dreamer
Amazing work David. You must be the one to answer the age-old question, "How many trains can run on the head of a pin?" :thumb: :thumb: