You gotta be kiddin'. Christmas 2008 already?

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by kf4jqd, Jul 17, 2008.

1. kf4jqd

kf4jqd Active Member

Yes folks. It's time to plan for Christmas. This past weekend Hallmark had their premire of their 2008 Christmas orniments. Yes, for the 13th year. They are making Lionel train orniments. Here's the pictures and the website addy,

Anyone started to plan their Christmas layout under the tree?sign1

Attached Files:

2. eightyeightfan1

eightyeightfan1 Now I'm AMP'd

Christmas in July......Its tradition.
  3. nachoman

nachoman Guest

Bah humbug.
  4. jesso

jesso Member

Guess it is time to start on a snow scene layout. The way I have been going, if I started now, I might finish by Christmas.
  5. TrainNut

TrainNut Ditat Deus

Just take that desktop layout you've been working on and cover it with a nice coating of WS snow. After Christmas, vacuum it up. Just make sure to not sneeze anytime between now and then!!!!
  6. ScratchyAngel

ScratchyAngel Member

I'm kind of used to Christmas starting early, but it was really bizarre last month to see Michaels with several aisles already full of skeletons and pumpkins before it was even the 4th of July.
  7. Tim Crowe

Tim Crowe Member

Best get your brussels sprouts on a slow simmer now unless you want them al dente.

Easter egg anyone?
  8. Art Decko

Art Decko Member

Is it for Christmas 2008 ... or Christmas 2009?
  9. fsm1000

fsm1000 Member

I don't "do" Christmas and haven't for decades now. But I do enjoy trains of most any kind. Even if we have to lie to our kids about a fat man etc. Then of course get mad at our kids later for lying LOLOL :D
    The malls sometimes have nice layouts though.
  10. kf4jqd

kf4jqd Active Member

It's Christmas 2008. It's not 2009, yet!sign1 Nice thing about Hallmark stuff. It's all dated. I also collect the Star Wars and Star Trek orniments!

11. Mountain Man

Mountain Man Active Member

Gee...I can remember when Thanksgiving and Halloween were still separate holidays! :mrgreen: