You Get What You Pay For :(

ejen34

Aug 6, 2006
Brewer, ME
Hmm,
The wife took me out shopping early last night. One of the stops was the local dollar store. The one where everything in stock is priced at a dollar, whether it is worth a dollar or not :) I spotted a carded package of 12 paint brushes for 1.00 and thought that would be a great deal, at 8 cents apiece even if I only used then a couple of times, how could I pass that up? Late last night before retiring, I brushed a 5inx9in area with one of the larger brushes in this package, put it aside and off I went. This morning upon close inspection I have found 16 brush hairs on the styrene, thats more hair than on my head :thumb: :):) Not at all happy with this I rumaged thru a couple of the other brushes, upon pulling on them hairs freely came free, YIKES!

Lesson learned, for a dollar I got what I paid for, eh!

LoudMusic

Jul 21, 2006
Yeouch. Yeah, that type of brush is pretty common. I remember picking brush hairs out of my fine art pieces in grade school.

Sorry bro! At least it was only a buck.

MasonJar

It's not rocket surgery
Oct 31, 2002
Ottawa, Canada
Visit site
I like the dollar store ones for weathering (with chalk and craft paints). Some haris do come loose, but you can kinda "pre-treat" them to get most of the loose ones out by painting some paper towel with water.

I like the grass suggestion... :thumb:

Andrew