Yokomo R/C Drift Expo Pictures! (56k unfriendly)

Discussion in 'RC Drifting and Setup' started by Beskone, Jun 20, 2004.

1. Beskone

Beskone Guest

What a great event! I had a blast driving in my 1st r/c contest - made it through to the eliminations even :) i think my nerves got the best of me in the last round i was in, but still a great time.

There were some excellent drivers there - i was really impressed with the skill some of these guys had.

Here's the pictures, enjoy!

The Track:
    [​IMG]

The Concourse Judging:
    [​IMG]

The Drivers:
    [​IMG]

My car made it to the final 5!!
    [​IMG]

The Top Secret Car won the concourse:
    [​IMG]

Now the drifting!
    [​IMG]

There i am going through the sweeper!
    [​IMG]

Side by side drifting in the practice rounds:
    [​IMG]

The camera guy loved my car, probably because of the yellow:
    [​IMG]

The silver 180sx beat me out in the elimination rounds, with a wicked run:
    [​IMG]

My buddy Coi in the sweeper:
    [​IMG]

Nice drift shot:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Shot of the vendors and drivers stand:
    [​IMG]

- Brian
  2. Nick S.

Nick S. Guest

WOW..its looks like it was fun.

Were there any gas drifters? Did you have to pay?
  3. AE86 Drifter

AE86 Drifter Guest

WOW i wish i was there

what was the deal with tires? what kind did you have to run?
    was PVC allowed or did you have to have yokomo drift tires????????
  4. Beskone

Beskone Guest

you could run any tires you wanted, the top 3 places were all using ABS, as well as me and a few others :)

- Brian
  5. SpArKeY_STi

SpArKeY_STi Guest

You dont remeber all the rules do you? I really want to show my local race track theirs fun past Nitro TC's and 1/8th scale nitro. Theve shot down Micros... for now. And electric is every now and then... i know a few people wanting to start drifting tho and i would like the set of rules so i can get a drift race started. Also, how was it run? Like points per drift or what?
  6. AE86 Drifter

AE86 Drifter Guest

From what I have heard it was judged straight up D1GP style.
  7. SpArKeY_STi

SpArKeY_STi Guest

And how is that? I may be big into drifting... however i dont really watch real drifting. I know how it works, i know how to drift (speaking of driving i g2g to drivers ed in like 30 min) but just dont really pay attention to it.
  8. AE86 Drifter

AE86 Drifter Guest

all drivers get single qualifying runs in which they are judged by style, line, entry speed, sideways, smoke, etc.

then of all the entrants in the field the top sixteen are selected. At this point they are set up to drift head to head.
    one car leads the first run and then the other car leads the second run.
    the better car advance into the next round. sometimes if competition is close the crowd will yell for the cars to go again.
    after three rounds there are only the final two cars left which will battle it out for the first place prize.................
    All that equals Good Stuff
  9. SpArKeY_STi

SpArKeY_STi Guest

I see i see.. ill try and get a vid up and i want you guys to judge me. I have to find a camera first, and the vid will most likely contain a few other cars... you'll know which one i am tho... ill be the only non gas, drifter car...Yes... i will be drifting while people accually race... its the only track near me and they only set up on sundays...
  10. driftwell

driftwell Guest

wow i wish i was there..but sad to say i live in u.s territory,but its far from the mainland.but ya r/c drifting is growing here,but slowly..oh and wow u have nice cars ppl :)