Yikes! I think I'll buy the real thing thank you!

Accu157

Jun 12, 2006
http://search.ebay.com/search/search.dll?sofocus=bs&sbrftog=1&maxrecordsreturned=300&frpp=50&from=R10&satitle=locomotive&sacat=-1%26catref%3DC6&bs=Search&fsop=3%26fsoo%3D2&coaction=compare&copagenum=1&coentrypage=search&sargn=-1%26saslc%3D2&sadis=200&fpos=ZIP%2FPostal&ftrt=1&ftrv=1&saprclo=&saprchi=
Uh, yeah, the starting bid for a model is more than a full size one just below. Different country, different locmotive, but you get the idea.
jawdrop
For those of you who miss the link in the future (it'll die eventually), the starting bid for the real thing is about $156,000... The starting bid for the model is $195,000.... yikes! I know I'm looking forward to a 7 1/2" guage setup around the house... but I think I'll stick to a battery and motor setup from a motor scooter and scratch-build something! train97

ezdays

Out AZ way
Feb 3, 2003
Arizona
bigbluetrains.com
I hope you don't mind, but I think I'll pass on both of these.:D Our neighborhood HOA is a bit picky about having a full-size loco in the back yard, and the scale one is going to take up all the space in my train room, not to mention what it'll do to my train budget.:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

ezdays

Out AZ way
Feb 3, 2003
Arizona
bigbluetrains.com
SteamerFan said:
you mean you wouldn't want a full scale 0-8-0 just for yourself?!
Oh, I'd love to have one, but you don't know our HOA (home owner's association) here. They don't even like it if you park a car on the street at night, think how they'd react to a full-sized loco being parked there.:rolleyes: :rolleyes: But let's be real here, the minimum bid is gunna take about a 200 year bite out of my railroad budget, not considering the fees that BNSF would charge me to park it on one of their sidings.:D :D

Now I do have a birthday coming up, so if you were wondering what to get me.....:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

Play-Doh

May 12, 2006
Portland OR
2 Reasons why I cant have it (other than the price)

1. Shipping costs would be terrrible.

2. My future wife would never allow it...I am lucky to get a train room.

N Gauger

1:20.3 Train Addict
Dec 20, 2000
South Eastern, PA
mywebpages.comcast.net
ezdays said:
Oh, I'd love to have one, but you don't know our HOA (home owner's association) here. They don't even like it if you park a car on the street at night, think how they'd react to a full-sized loco being parked there.:rolleyes: :rolleyes: But let's be real here, the minimum bid is gunna take about a 200 year bite out of my railroad budget, not considering the fees that BNSF would charge me to park it on one of their sidings.:D :D

Now I do have a birthday coming up, so if you were wondering what to get me.....:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:
sign1 Don!! Tell them to "Sneak" it in front of your house at 1:30 Am.... Then when everyone wakes up you can say "I have NO idea how it got here... but since it's here - can I keep it????

:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

ezdays

Out AZ way
Feb 3, 2003
Arizona
bigbluetrains.com
N Gauger said:
sign1 Don!! Tell them to "Sneak" it in front of your house at 1:30 Am.... Then when everyone wakes up you can say "I have NO idea how it got here... but since it's here - can I keep it????

:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:
Yeah, I could alway tell them if they don't like it, they can move it.:wave: :wave:

...but then there's that darned budget issue again... hamr hamr

SteamerFan

Sep 3, 2004
:D :D
ezdays said:

Let's get real herre, my birthday is in less than 10 days, you think i'd spend my birthday money on you? :D :D :D Course i wish I had enough for one, then again, if I had that kind of cash on hand, I'd have had one build from the ground up anew. :D :D :D

Accu157

Jun 12, 2006
Well then... either the person pulled the model train off of ebay... or whoever bought it hit the "buy it now" price for $205,000! Ahhhhhhh!!!! I've got to admit though, that thing was a work of art. It was a model after the worlds fastest steam train.