yf-25 wyvern from ace combat

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by seth crofton, Jan 7, 2009.

1. seth crofton

seth crofton Member

Mentioned this in the jxx post but delayed a bit in posting . here are the pics and template for the yf-25 wyvern. hope you enjoy. my one build of it showed some needs for fixing a couple of pieces which i have already done on the template. mainly making sure the top wing was the top wing not another copy of the bottom of the wing. :cry:

Attached Files:

2. seth crofton

seth crofton Member

template and 3 view

Here is the jpeg template and 3 view along with an image of the wings retracted.

Attached Files:

3. ohgodwhy

ohgodwhy Member

Wow ! That is so sharp ! Awesome work Seth !
  4. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

Very nice!
  5. seth crofton

seth crofton Member

thanks it does glide kinda funky though takes a bit of trimming but nose weight is still just a paperclip. feel free to download and color one up. I use prisma color pencils myself.

also just snip off the extra part of the wing to make a retracted wing version of the aircraft.That would hlep with its flight characteristics.
  6. davitch

davitch Member

where is the download? I must be missing it...
  7. seth crofton

seth crofton Member

the download is on th epost labled template and 3 view...its the second image from the top on that post.

8. TonyG2

TonyG2 Member

A belated thanks for this one. Having given up on a commercial kit of this ever being released, I've been trying to scratchbuild one out of sheet styrene and and assorted parts from the spare box.

Two tries so far just didn't look right and have been recycled into the spares box again. If it looked right from the top then it was off from the front etc.

This is really helping to get a scratchbuild to look right and is near enough to 1/144 to match up paper against plastic....

Now if only for a few more of the Ace Combat "super fighters" such as the Morgan, Fenrir, Nosferatu and Cariburn :mrgreen:
  9. CK Styles

CK Styles Senior Member

Very nice effort, Seth!
  10. simo9836

simo9836 New Member

Does anybody know where to find plans?
  11. Paragon

Paragon Active Member

Wow, I can't believe I hadn't seen this before. Seth, did you ever post the kit?
  12. Paladin

Paladin Member

I believe the parts are shown right up there in his posting in this thread. I got them that way. I just clicked on the picture of the parts, and right clicked to "save picture as". I also saved the plans and finished pix of the model to see where the parts go, although they aren't hard to figure out.
  13. devox

devox New Member

gorgeous plane and model,
  14. SEBRET

SEBRET Member

Love this one, great work!
  15. simo9836

simo9836 New Member

Does anybody know where to find plans?

click on the picture of the parts in the and right click "save as"