Yet another track cleaning question.

Discussion in 'HO Scale Model Trains' started by Chessie1973, May 18, 2004.

1. Chessie1973

Chessie1973 Member

I have read probably every track cleaning thread here at the guage so I know how to clean my rails quite well.

What I am actually asking about is where I can find a soft pad style cleaning car like the Walthers 40 foot boxcar with a bright boy on the bottom.

I have the bright boy version of the walthers car but I am wanting to set up a "cleaning train" that utiliazes a bright boy in the front with a wet pad following and a dry pad after that .

I could kick myself for not buying the Caboose I saw at my LHS two weeks ago that had exactly what I was looking for on it.

What I am actually wanting to do possibly is make a MOW train that is my cleaning train. I may actually make my own if I cant find one commercially made.

It would not be hard at all to kitbash myself a few Blue box kits into a MOW train to clean my track after all.
  2. CN1

CN1 Active Member

I was thinking the same thing!! I have the " train-line" (?) 40' box car, cleaning car from Walthers (?) it's working great!! I was thinking of doing a MOW train too.

Let me know what you find.
  3. Vic

Vic Active Member

Design From The Robber Barron Shops

Save yer bucks :D ....This one will work better :) Leaving the measurements up to you!!! :) :D

Attached Files:

4. CN1

CN1 Active Member

How do you clean the pad? Sandpaper?

thanks fro the drawing
  5. Vic

Vic Active Member

Sandpaper or a wire brush will work. OR....just make a new one if it gets too "groady"
  6. Fred_M

Fred_M Guest

Those (Masonite drags) work nice and can be easily fitted to about any piece of rolling stock. Mine is on a bachmann bobber caboose with proto 2000 wheels and 2 ounces of weight in it. It never derails and I didn't worry about ruining a nice car. I had one of the Walthers and it sometimes had trouble on points. FRED