Yet another new comer.

3phase

Hi everyone.

I would like to introduce my self. I'm 25 and my name is Russ, I was born and raised in Bethlehem Pennsylvania and grew up with trains around me at all times. From the Bethlehem steel, Northampton concrete, Nazareth concrete, Lackawanna Coal Mine, and the freight yard in Reading.

I moved to Jacksonville, Florida a year ago this month. There are still locomotives that pass near by my apartment complex. As a young teen I started my first N scale layout on a table I made 8’X4’ in my grandmother’s basement. I never finished the layout but took the whole thing apart and saved all the parts.

About 6 years later I find my self in a new area and have a lot of time on my hands. One day I was sitting at my computer with my window open and herd the train horn going. I daydreamed the whole time I could hear the train pass by. It took about 3 days to make up my mind that I wanted to give a second hand at making another layout.

My situation here at my apartment is limited to space so I have to work with a small table till I move into a house this coming up summer where I can than make a two or three room layout. So this layout will be moved a few times within the year.

I’ll get more into my layout later as I am looking forward to this community sharing ideas and skill tips. I have found that the more new ideas I get the better I can make a final decision on whatever it is that I’m doing.

For now, thank you for taking the time to read this.

ddavidv

Russ,
Since you're going to be moving, maybe you should consider an N-trak module and see if there's a club in your area.
I've had a lot of pleasure building mine, and having a club enables me to run long trains around a 'big' layout without all the work. :p I've also used it as 'practice' for my layout to learn new techniques or try things I wasn't completely sure about.
Regardless, welcome to The Gauge (from another Pennsylvania-ite).

RailRon

Hi Russ, welcome aboard the Gauge!

Google put the link to the Gauge at the first place? Ummm... it looks like the Google people must be real intelligent guys!!! :D :D :D

Ron

SAL Comet

Ha Russ, another option for a portable layout that's easily stored away is to build on a hollow core interior door. There fairly cheap and light. The most common size is 30" x80" which is plenty of room for a small N layout. Welcome aboard :wave: