Yet Another Lost Soul

Discussion in 'Zealot Archives' started by Traveller, Mar 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Traveller

Traveller New Member

Hi. First time poster, first time visitor. Funny how that works out. I'm not new to the Internet, but am new to this forum.

My name is Brad, but everyone has called me Butch since I was a kid on account of me being named after my father. My grandfather came up with the name and it stuck since I was about 6 months old. At least that's my story and I'm sticking to it. :)

I've never built any card models before, but like to build diorama's for models that I build. I travel a lot and so don't end up with a lot of time to build when I'm at home, but had given thought to trying to do so on the road. I took some models with me and did my best to pack them carefully, but plastic and resin models don't survive the Airport Gorilla's all that wall.

Anyhow, I was looking through a model railroad magazine I found at the airport one day last week and a guy wrote in saying he was making buildings out of card stock. So I'm bored waiting for my week in a new town to start and it occured to me that I could do a google search. I hope to be using some of the techniques that I've found after skimming the Tips and Techniques and Tutorials Sections of this place. I think I could construct some of some buildings or even planes or spaceships (I like fighters of all kinds), maybe doing the pre-construction of the pre-assemblies and packing them up as I used to do the kits that I'd built before, as my thinking is that they would survive better than plastic and resin.

I look forward to looking at what folks build here and learning what I can as a newby.
  2. Soaring

Soaring Middle School Student

Hey, If you like Sci-Fi, you should check out the Sci-Fi SEction xD

Anyways, I'm a cardmodeler who models Robots/Gundams and whatnot, nice to be talking to you ^_^

Also...If there's any specific model you need, PM me and I'll try and find it for ya.
  3. Traveller

Traveller New Member

Thank you, I appreciate that. I'll definitely check out the SciFi section, but I am going to check out the Architectural Models and related sections first, I think. I think I better start off with something simple like buildings for my first subjects before I try to go on to rounded shapes, obliques and the like. I'm a simple minded guy so think that would work best for me to start on. :)

Are there any good Battlestar Galactica models? I like ships that are from both the NuBSG and OldBSG, but prefer fighters and stuff along that direction like shuttles and the heavy Raider. Although I think a smallish model of The Bucket herself would be cool as part of a background display!

I guess I'll check out the Downloads Section for that stuff, so don't feel that you have to answer about the NuBSG models.

Thanks again for both the welcome and the offer of help.
  4. Soaring

Soaring Middle School Student

YES IN FACT! There are Galactica Models! And, if you like Architecture....

Try out 3dpapermodel

3D¯È¼Ò«¬ºô<3D papermodel net>

Try out Canon Papercraft'

Canon 3D Papercraft - Buildings of the World

Well, for starters, those are like beginning level of Architecture, I have some other models, but never considered building them because of lack of experience :/

If you need any other models, just holler, we're here to help :)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.