Yet another LHS

jon-monon

Aug 15, 2002
Cobblers Knob, IN
www.2guyzandsumtrains.com
This thread was inspired by Interurbans My LHS come on in. I enjoyed that thread so much, I thought I would do the same with my LHS, Hawkins Rail, as soon as I got a digital camera.

This place has so much stuff you wouldn't believe it. You see it may look cluttered in some of the pics, but Jack knows where everything is. It's common for me to be in there looking around, and see out of towners come in a start gasping as they see all the stuff. The layout is un scenicked, as he moved in to this location fairly recently, increasing square footage by gobs. Dunno where he kept it all at the old shop downtown. Here's Jack, a friendly chap with a sense of humor.

Attachments

• jack.jpg
    jack.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 118

jon-monon

Aug 15, 2002
Cobblers Knob, IN
Chris, the first time I heard the train running, I thought it was starting to rain outside, and it was just creeping along. Pretty amazing.

There are several large structures here and there, this is 4 or 5 ft across I guess.

Attachments

• blast.jpg
    blast.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 117

Drew1125

Jan 28, 2001
Hi Jon!
That looks like a great place to spend an afternoon...or 2...or 3... or...well...you know what I mean!:cool: :thumb: :thumb: :cool:

jon-monon

Aug 15, 2002
Cobblers Knob, IN
Anyone in the area should try to check it out, even if you don't need anything. It's quite amazing, and there is a heck of a reference library there too. That third layout shot shows boxes and boxes and boxes, and they are full of bins and bins and bins, and they are full of parts and parts and parts :D Much of the stock is old and was priced lower and he gives you the marked price. I've found some real deals there :D