Yep, One more new guy ...

Discussion in 'Zealot Archives' started by kk135, Jul 20, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kk135

kk135 Member

Hi all,

Kevin here from NYC. I "discovered" card modeling about a year or so ago, and am really enjoying the change from styrene and resin.
    I mostly build real space. But I throw in some sci-fi and architecture as well.
    I'll be digging into the older posts and will lurk a while while I absorb all the info thats here. I hope to really hone my skills and have fun.

2. Texman

Texman Guest

Welcome to the group. As a former plastic guy, you'll find it
    an interesting/challenging diversion. Has its own methods.

Feel free to ask questions. Someone always knows of at least
    one answer.

3. jrts

jrts Active Member

Hi Kevin

Welcome to the mad house :lol:

There are few here from your neck of the woods. Lurk away and lets have some input when your ready.

If you have any questions someone here will have at least one way of sorting your question out.

At the end of the day it's all about having fun, we all do.

4. lgl007

lgl007 Member

Welcome Kevin,

Always nice to see more converts from plastic and resin to paper :D I being one :wink:

Glad you have decided to join us. I think you will find this forum an excellent resource.

I have only been "luring" here for about 3 months or so but I have to tell you there is a real sense of community here... and the members are a swell bunch of guys... not sure if we got any gals lurking around out there ... but they are always helpful and supportive...

We will welcome seeing some of your handiwork :wink:

Cheers and have fun...

5. Welcome to the zoo. just remember don't feed the animals :wink:
  6. rickstef

rickstef Guest

dang it, there goes lunch :p
  7. Horus

Horus Member

...and the neighberhood.
    Ha Back to the grindstone that is design.
  8. barry

barry Active Member

welcome everyone here will be glad you're not waterlogged

9. Jim Krauzlis

Jim Krauzlis Active Member

Yo, Kevin!!
    I work downtown, Pine Street and Broadway area; I commute from Long Island. Where abouts are you from? 8)

You have discovered one of the greatest resourses and enjoyable places on the internet dealing with paper models, with some of the top modelers who unselfishly share their builds with superb photos, tips and just generally great courtesy so novices like me can learn something about making better models. But mostly it's just a fun place to check out! :D

Hope you enjoy what you see, and have fun!

10. kk135

kk135 Member

Hey Jim,

I'm from Staten Island and work in Bklyn.

Thanks all for the welcome and the advice!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.