Discussion in 'General Card Modeling' started by Willja67, Nov 6, 2005.

1. Willja67

Willja67 Member

I just soloed!!!!!!! I try not to brag but this is a big deal for me. I am now certified to fly a plane all by myself!!
  2. Al hazlet

Al hazlet Member

Congratulations, well done. I hope to start over on my private pilot someday (did 7 hours, long ago in another state, then ran out of cash and time...)
  3. silverw

silverw Member

4. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

Congratulations Will!! This is a major milestone!

5. tausugAir

tausugAir Member

CONGRATULATIONS! For an outstanding achievement.....

Muhammad Farouk
  6. Gil

Gil Active Member

Ohhhhhh Noooooo!!!! All by yourself!!!!!! Ohhhhh Nooooo!!!! Say it ain't so, say it ain't so!!!!! Ohhhhh Nooooo!!!!

Ok, so the initial shock was a little over done..., but someone that enjoys cardmodeling has a lot of explain'in to do as to why he'd rather go play with 1:1 scale toys. Especially the flieger'in kind...,

Ok everybody we won't be hearing from Willja anymore! He's moved up to the kind he can climb into. Just wasn't happy building a nice model that ended up being a surrogate for the real thing. No way, he had to sneak around and do the unspeakable, the unthinkable and now he's come out with the truth...,

Uhr, what was it I was going to say?...,

Oh yeah, CONGRATULATIONS on the Solo!

Are you an EAA member yet?

Best regards, Gil
  7. Kaz

Kaz Member

Congratulations my Carding buddy, now don't go building life sized ones.....
  8. Willja67

Willja67 Member

No Gil I'm not a member of the the EAA but I've looked into joining. And Kaz I do cherish the dream of designing and building my own plane(lifesize or as modelers refer to them 1:1 scale).
  9. wunwinglow

wunwinglow Active Member

Goodferyou!!!! Nothing like it, is there?! Jeez, it was 30 years ago when I got my gliding A+B in T31 XA310, 721 GS, at RAF Locking. Never forget........

Tim P

PS I found out last year XA310 still exists, and flies, from Bannerdown.
  10. Ashrunner

Ashrunner Member

Congrats! I have soloed twice...once with a sailplane and once with a tail-dragger and both time was a thrill. I only wish I had stuck with one or both, but it was hard being on the move all the time.

Again, it is definitely a great achievement. Congrats.
  11. Willja67

Willja67 Member

The Newest Private Pilot

I just got done with my checkride and passed!!! YEEHAAAAA!!

I didn't get the pic till about about a month after I soloed so I thought I might as well post it now.
  12. FredZ KSAC

FredZ KSAC Member

HEY, MAN....CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!! I passed my checkride on 8-13-01 after 80 hours total time. There are some things in your life you will never forget and two of them are when you Solo [right down to the time of day] and when you take your checkride. Now you have a license to really learn how to be a pilot. Go and have fun.
    Fred Z.
  13. Darwin

Darwin Member

GIT ER DONE!!!!Good on ya.
  14. Gil

Gil Active Member

That must of been taken prior to the solo flight as the plane seems to still be all in one piece..., I personally hate landings where you have to go pickup pieces of the airplane for the soon to be planned rebuild...,

Congrats again it's a great big step and now you're an "airplane person" for the rest of your life. Welcome aboard.

15. Willja67

Willja67 Member

Your vote of confidence is overwhelming Gil. Still I think I've only really bounced an airplane three times and one of those times was during the checkride.:oops: I guess I don't test too well. But in a pass fail test passing is all that matters.:twisted: