Yard progress

Discussion in 'Photos & Videos' started by spitfire, Apr 20, 2005.

1. interurban

interurban Active Member

Yes it was a good night the best of it was when Val met up with us today at the show we did and said she was up till 4 am with a couple of beers mulling over all the ideas we bombarded her with,,oooopppppsssssss :D :D :D :D
    Some shots of our night.

Attached Files:

2. interurban

interurban Active Member

:wave: :wave: Val No duckunders, me old knees are bad enought :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
    Thanks for a great evening. :wave: :wave:

Attached Files:

3. Will_annand

Will_annand Active Member

Val, where can we buy that "Classico Ground Foam"? :D

Things are looking good there. :thumb:
  4. spitfire

spitfire Active Member

Thanks for posting those shots Chris!! And thanks a LOT for giving away my secrets!! :rolleyes: :D :eek:

5. Matthyro

Matthyro Will always be re-membered

It's great to see you folks having some fun. Nice photos Chris.
  6. ezdays

ezdays Out AZ way

Great to be able to get together with other Gaugers I'm sure. Wish we had a larger group around here.

Nice pics as well.:wave::wave:
  7. Chessie6459

Chessie6459 Gauge Oldtimer

Great Pictures Chris. :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: Looks like you all had fun there at Val's. :wave: :wave:
  8. milko2002

milko2002 New Member

That is impressive Val, nice work. Can you tell me which figure do you use in message 23?
    And what about the broken can in the first picture in that message. Sergio
  9. spitfire

spitfire Active Member

Sergio, that's a Preiser figure which I think I got from one of their large unpainted sets. I think, if memory serves, the broken drum is from Scale Structures or Selly Finishing Touches. It's hard to remember actually, because my LHS has tons of detail parts like this and every time I'm in there I pick some up.

10. milko2002

milko2002 New Member

Do you have another photos? I'm looking for small detail to add to my layout. Sergio

Attached Files:

11. stagingyards

stagingyards Member

funny you say dirt I asked my wife to save all the perked coffee grinds then dry them out sift and use as balast on layout cheap easy no need to recycle and good to the last drop lol
  12. Will_annand

Will_annand Active Member

Exactly what I am doing Staging, that and now that spring is here, the sidewalks are covered in sand. Up here they do not use salt, just sand. I have been out filling pails and I now have three 4L ice cream containers full of sifted sand. As well as six containers full of Coffee grounds.
  13. Art67

Art67 Member

Spitfire, the yard looks great and Ilook forward to seeing how it progresses. Nice job indeed.
  14. doctorwayne

doctorwayne Active Member

Your use of real dirt on the yard tracks looks good. It reminded me that I've got a big container of real dirt that I scooped up from work (that's a while ago!): almost like powder, after being pulverized by hundreds of heavy trucks. If I can remember where I stashed it, there are a couple of sidings on my layout that might look better if they were sunken into the ground a little more.