Yamaha YZF-R1M Ultra Realistic Model

retunga

Designer
Hi All

Over and above me doing the design and workings for my Transformer model I have decieded to build the new Yamaha R1M ultra high detail that was released in December 2015
rolleyes.gif
cool.gif

I still continuing the development work on the Transformer, but I am getting the with draw symptoms to build a model, not that designing a model is bad and so on but a change of scenery is a good thing.

So I have now printed all 54 pages of the model artworks
cool.gif

So may the fun begin
smile.gif

yam_r1m_zpsyjr1vc2f.jpg

R

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
YES! :)

This is gonna be exciting. I'm watching! Good luck! And happy glueing! ;)

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Looks like a preliminary version of General Grievous' mask. ;)

Keep it comin', pal! :)

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
In the time it took another member to make one of these, I purchased an original exhaust for my 1983 GS750ES Suzuki, drilled and tapped, then "Heli-coiled" every hole that was left, drilled and tapped and Heli-coiled the valve cover bolts, made a tire changing machine, mounted and balanced two tires, rewired the bike. I replaced the stator, ignition coils, rebuilt the forks, rebuilt all four carbs, mounted a 1/2 fairing and bracket, painted it to match, rewired a Kawasaki Voltage regulator 4 inches from the battery, made a back rest, for my son to sit up against, and put 4000 miles on it.

Those Yamaha paper bikes are hard to make, but boy, they are worth every second of it! :)

retunga

Designer
Hey All

First part of the front fairing is now done :yesyes:, Zathros you are not wrong in that the Yamaha models are quite hard to build, two repairs have already taken place :eek:

Some photos to show the completed parts. The instructions say that I must glue the two side parts to the top fairing but for now I am leaving it to later as not have the to do a repair on that part as well...

20160207_154408_zpshhfat8ir.jpg

20160207_154439_zpsdqf6s8cy.jpg

20160208_055510_zpsz8agaace.jpg

20160208_055534_zpsxqarqmav.jpg

:fireguy:R

Enterpriser10

Since the beginning. . .
Bravo, Retunga!!

I saw this file last december, and It stays as a future work that I want to built too. So, It'll be a pleasure to see you working! Congretulations!!

Enterpriser10

zathros

Staff member
Administrator
Looks great! Paint those edges black immediately though, it kills the look of these models, and a clear coat of fingernail Polish, (try on scrap piece) makes the Carbon Fiber pieces look just like Carbon Fiber. :)

zathros

Staff member
Administrator
Nice Calipers. Make sure you lube the puck seals with brake fluid to make them fit better, oh wait, this isn't a real motorcycle, forgot, sorry!! ;)

retunga

Designer
HI All

Finally I have have now completed section 2 of 5 :cool:

Here is the Fuel Tank and air box.

20160427_064240_zpspt6x11pm.jpg

Here is a all the parts that are in section 2 of the build.

20160427_064336_zpst6ae5slr.jpg

Now section 3, this is the Engine, cooling, exhaust system.

:cool:
R