Yamaha MT-01

Discussion in 'Internet Finds' started by TexasTubaMan, Dec 15, 2006.

1. TexasTubaMan

TexasTubaMan Member

I stumbled across this yesterday.

The Yamaha Papercraft site

has a new motorcycle, the MT-01 they are issuing in what looks like 5 volumes. Vol. 1, the engine, is now available for download. It has 3 pdf files, instructions, a colored version, and a white version.

I don't read Japanese, but it looks like the next installment comes in January (maybe the 26th?).

Looks like it will be a very detailed cycle.

2. rickstef

rickstef Guest

I just downloaded the first 3 files

the instructions are mindblowing, incredible detail.

So, do I start the DBR9 or the MT-01?

3. yaniv

yaniv Active Member

its form download or its still on progres?
  4. rickstef

rickstef Guest

there is only volume one available
    the others will be released on a schedule

5. miguelj

miguelj Papercraft Addict

This one looks really amazing:) I've already built the red YZF-R1:twisted: I look forward to building this one next year. By the way, is MT-01 of the same scale as the other motor bikes from the site?
  6. jyduchene

jyduchene Member

Rick, If your asking, I would much enjoy a build thread of the DBR 9. John
  7. xyberz

xyberz Member

A very beautiful model. I'm gonna have to get it and then build it later, with the tons of others that I have. :-D
  8. Amazyah

Amazyah Senior Member

Pardon my ignorance, but what is a DBR 9?

9. alang

alang Member

The new model is quoted as being at scale 1:5.5. The scale of the older models has never been quoted officially as far as I know. However, wherever I have been able to compare measurements they come out very close to 1:7 (though I have often seen 1:6 mentioned by others). I think you will find that the MT-01 will be 25-30% bigger than the others.

10. milenio3

milenio3 Active Member

This remembers me another Japanese project, the submarine from the Deguchi movie.

This method gives much expectation for the model.
  11. rickstef

rickstef Guest

12. Amazyah

Amazyah Senior Member

Oh, ok.
    Tough choice, I agree.
    All the parts are there for the Astin Martin though and it will be a few months before the whole motorcycle is released. (If that helps with the decision any)

13. rickstef

rickstef Guest

the choice is still there, but maybe a bit more doable

14. KenG

KenG New Member

Are there any problems if you reduce these models from Yamaha?
  15. Amazyah

Amazyah Senior Member

Thanks Billy!:grin:

Actually I had already knew of the Aston Martin. It was simply a misunderstanding. This thread was about Yamaha's offering of a new motorcycle and when Rick said something about a DBR 9, I was thinking, "What is a DBR 9? Is this some motorcycle I have never heard of?"

I even went through all the motorcycles there, looking for a DBR 9!:roll:
    I couldn't figure out what Rick was talking about, nor could I find the mysterious DBR 9. I have it on my hard drive simply as Aston Martin.

Oh well, I guess that's what sleepless nights do to you. Make you fuzzy headed.
    I have a college education. My brain just doesn't function too well without sleep.:)

16. The-Jazzman

The-Jazzman Member

17. igoraf

igoraf Member

18. sneaker

sneaker Member

I am not one to be big on motorbikes, I do appreciate them though and after seeing this, I am very compelled to build it. This is a very detailed kit, and even though I have been card modeling for a short while, I find this to be most impressive. Just not sure if I have the patience with an episodic build :)
    (I will find a way to deal with it though, plenty of card models to keep me busy until the next chapter, assuming I complete any segment of this before the next installment)
  19. wunwinglow

wunwinglow Active Member

I wish they'd do an FJR!