Yamaha MT-01 finished

Discussion in 'Commercial & Civilian Vehicles' started by alang, May 4, 2007.

1. alang

alang Member

2. B-Manic

B-Manic Peripheral Visionary

Wow, that turned out really well. Great detail. All those cylinders must have been fun :)
  3. rmks2000

rmks2000 Member

Great job! What's the overall size?
  4. bill516

bill516 Member

Finished I haven't even got the engine finished yet, but I've got all the parts printed. Looks like you did a nice job on it though.

5. Stev0

Stev0 Active Member

looks great ... I'm still not impressed with the wheels though. Not your fault but a scale of 1/5.5 should have at least come up with something better than that.

Shoot some more pics :D
  6. Really really nice! A lot of work in this one, obviously. Lots of nice curves!
  7. paul a

paul a Member

somday i will start mine and i hope it is half as good as yours.
  8. alang

alang Member

Thank you for your kind words, guys. Sorry for the delay in replying, but it has been a busy weekend(!)

B-Manic - fortunately only two (enormous) cylinders, but lots of fins on each. The engine alone is 147 parts on 11 pages, so it was good to get that out of the way first.

rmks2000 - my model is 155mm long by 90mm high, 39% of the size as published. The funny scale is to make it the same as the rest of the Yamaha models, which I have constructed half-size.

Stev0 - I agree about the tyres, though at my scale they are reasonably acceptable. As to more photos, did you look at my web site? I thought half a dozen pics from different angles would be more than enough for anyone.

Crazy Potashman - "Lots of nice curves": are you sure you didn't mean the Pristontale Archer thread???

9. Lex

Lex Dollmaker

Wow, this is a huge piece of engineering... Well done on the details!
  10. Bengt F

Bengt F Active Member

Yamaha MT-01 Motorcycle Model

Beautiful work, Alan!

I was very impressed as I watched your fine pictures, and then, when I saw the last picture, I suddenly realized what scale you have been working in . . . I am in awe. An amazing achievement, indeed.

Best regards,
    Bengt :D
  11. spirtos

spirtos Member

very impressive!