Yamaha Dragstar Classic 11

Discussion in 'Commercial & Civilian Vehicles' started by AbysmalPea, Dec 13, 2007.

1. AbysmalPea

AbysmalPea Hey! You with the face!

In an effort to prevent this post from devolving into a heavy stream of vulgarities, I have opted to replace all inappropriate words with the word, "face." I hope you understand my decision.

I decided to build the Yamaha DSC11 as a gift for my dad (since I accidentally forgot to give him a gift for his birthday in August). This is my second model, so my skills need some (serious) work, but I'm rather proud of it right now.

Now, onto the experience of starting the model:

Onto the experience of building the frame:
    FACE! FACE! FACE! :curse:

Onto the experience of building the tires:
    That sums up most of my thoughts about the model. The tire sidewalls were a little bit too big for the treads, causing a rather ugly wavy look in the sidewalls, but this was mainly caused by my using card that was too thick. I noticed a few fitting problems when assembling the model, but most problems were my fault and were easily fixed. However, the top exhaust pipe did not fit well at all, and I suggest making part E-3 a quarter inch shorter than printed if you ever build this model.

But with my whining out of the way, I present pictures.

And my camera decided to rebel and show a purple bike instead of a maroon bike.
    So the purple really isn't that purple.

I forgot to put the footboards on! Um... just imagine that they're on there. >.>

Attached Files:

2. rlc321

rlc321 Gundam designer wannabe

wow that is a very nice build it cant be that facing bad can it lol, to me it looks really great a good build and you dont really notice the foot rests arent there. great job
  3. Elliott

Elliott Senior Member

Agreed. Looks very good and I like the purple! What's your next model?

4. AbysmalPea

AbysmalPea Hey! You with the face!

It is a mystery. :!:
    I asked for a plane model for Christmas, but I'm not exactly sure what it'll be.

I like how it turned out, but that didn't make assembling the model any less frustrating at points.

And yeah, those footboards are sneaky. The only reason I remembered them was because I was cleaning off my desk and the footboards were sitting around looking lonely.