Yall come along on our Doubleheader tour we paid for ya

Discussion in 'Photos & Videos' started by interurban, Apr 10, 2005.

1. spitfire

spitfire Active Member

"Okay guys - which way are we going now?"

We did a lot of this!!! :) :)

Attached Files:

2. interurban

interurban Active Member

Great shots Robin and Val you got some I missed gona pinch them he he he
  3. Matthyro

Matthyro Will always be re-membered

A few more from me. This is a very well mades sawmill located in the Guelph Model R.R. Society Inc club layout

Attached Files:

4. Matthyro

More of the Guelph club

Attached Files:

5. Matthyro

I had the same problem Val had getting good photos. Far too many blurred or out of focus. Here are the rest from various layouts.

Attached Files:

6. Matthyro

Tha last ones. It's sad to see the end of that old shay waiting to be scrapped.

Attached Files:

7. galt904

galt904 Member

Looks like you guys all hit different layouts than we did, except for Aberfoyle, which is always a must-see.

Biggest beef: will Waterloo Region club ever get more work done on scenery?

Biggest compliment: Baden club is better and better every time I see it.

Biggest surprise: #11 on the sheet (Bear Mountain???) I thought we had seen the whole layout, then went around a corner, and this layout went on for another 2 rooms!
  8. cobra

cobra Member

Looks like it was a good time , too bad I missed it . I got close ...I was in Cambridge ( Galt ) on Sunday with another committment ....I wish things could have worked out for Saturday . maybe next year .

9. Jac's Lines

Jac's Lines Member

Cool pictures guys. Looks like the trip was a lot of fun.

Do any of you recall the location represented in the HO British layout? I spent a couple of weeks in Chester last summer, and the shots you took look a lot like it. Thanks again for the inspiring pictures!
  10. interurban

interurban Active Member

Hi Jac , It is a modual 14ft by 10ft called the Buffers. Depicts scenes in the
    1940 Midlands of England.
    It was set up at the registration hall. Fantastic model!!!

11. spitfire

spitfire Active Member

Too bad we missed you Galt! Maybe next year we can hook up. My cousin in law (he's married to my cousin - does that count?) is a member of the Baden Club. I've been to see it while visiting them. We were hoping to make it over that way but just ran out of time.

12. galt904

galt904 Member

I was with a friend and we both had our wives along, so they can get an idea for our ambitions in building a layout. I don't know how badly the women would want to hang around with a bunch of "geeky" model railroaders ;)

I wonder how far some people travelled to do the layout tour? At the Waterloo club I saw a group in a van with New York plates!
  13. Chessie6459

Chessie6459 Gauge Oldtimer

Val, I almost shorted the keyboard out when i seen those firetrucks & fire station :D :D LOL. Great Pictures Everyone. Looks like you all had a fun time. :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
  14. spitfire

spitfire Active Member

Wellllll......they married YOU didn't they? :D :D :wave: :eek: :wave: :D :D

Hehehe, couldn't resist!! All in good fun ROFL!!!

15. galt904

galt904 Member

She did marry me, but I think she un-geeked me quite a bit :) Tonight I should be getting a CD of the pictures my friends took and I'll be able to share the layouts that we went to visit.
  16. Matthyro

Looking forward to your photos G904
  17. 60103

60103 Pooh Bah

The Grenadier Guards band is a favourite of my wife. We had a club meeting at that layout last month.
    Looks like you barely made it out of Guelph.
    I was down in Washington that day, looking at cherry blossoms.
  18. galt904

galt904 Member

Ok, attached are some pictures of some of the layouts we visited, I don't have the guide here with me to tell you which layouts they are. I don't have pictures of all the layouts we went to, and all the pictures we took at Aberfoyle look like crap on my computer here (different software). I guess I'll take my own camera next year so I can get more pictures. I do have about 50+ pictures from last year at home.

Pic 1: N scale Ontario Northland layout, note nudists under bridge (keep in mind I wasn't the one taking the pictures).

Pic 2: Thomas and friends, in the background it looks like there was a recent earthquake.

Pic 3: Engine collection (same house as Thomas).

Pic 4: I'm not sure, Little Bear Mountain?

Pic 5: Beautiful church on the Baden club layout. I think I have at least a dozen pictures of this particular scene, now I'm on the hunt for the same kit to add to my layout.

Attached Files:

19. Matthyro

Thanks fot the photos G904. That church is a beauty.