XXX S and Delrin wheels

Discussion in 'RC Drifting and Setup' started by jdg2001, Jul 1, 2005.

1. jdg2001

jdg2001 Guest

I had Trinity T-Spec (shaft drive) with Crazynut drift wheels http://www.crazynutracing.com/produ...d=358&osCsid=cae2199c57e88a862b534e0e16509fe0
    That car had no problem drifting but lacked some foward grip. I had to sell that car and am getting a XXX-S with a sport stock motor and want to get back into drifting. I would like to use tires that have a little better grip. My choices are the Crazynut racing Delrin wheels, Yokomo drift ring tires and Venom Magnetics. I have heard the Magnetics are good because they are a very hard compound and inexpesive, but am concerned that they may be to hard on the belt driven drivetrain to successfully drift with. Does anyone have experience with these tires or belt drive cars that could help me. I was unable to drift with the stock tires on the T Spec and have no problem going back to the delrin wheels. Thanks
  2. SpArKeY_STi

SpArKeY_STi Guest

id just go with ABS or PVC. Cause drifting and such, with the suddent increase and decrease in speed and the pumping of the thorttle with rubber tires and such will reak havic on that belt id bet. I use ABS, 19T and i dont ahve many problems going forward. Its like if i ran RWD on foams...
  3. Lil_angel

Lil_angel Guest

As SpArKeY stated your best bet would be to go with ABS or PVC.

I'm fond of PVC myself, but the forward grip sometimes lacks on gravel and dirt/sand mixed roads. However, I also feel that ABS might be best for you.
  4. jdg2001

jdg2001 Guest

Thanks for the input, I will be trying ABS tires once I get my car. I may get another set of delrin wheels as a back-up or secondary set. Those are super easy to drift with, they should cause little or no strain on the drivetrain.