XtrkCad question

tetters

Rail Spiking Fool!
Jan 21, 2005
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Go into the "options" menu.

Click on Layout.

You'll see two boxes for room dimensions. They say height and width. Just type 10 in the height box and 12 in the width box. Or the other way around depnding on how you want to orient your layout in the program.

You can adjust the gauge you are using (N, HO, O, etc...) and name your layout in that box too.

Click "OK" and you should now have a 10x12 page to work with.

HOtrainman

Jan 15, 2007
McKinney, TX
BigJim said:
On my version you need to type in 120 & 144 as it is in inches...Unless you have a really small layout:)
so how do i change to feet? i have been using atlas, so this is way different

edit:this isn't working

LoudMusic

Jul 21, 2006
HOtrainman said:
so how do i change to feet? i have been using atlas, so this is way different

edit:this isn't working

I'm not entirely sure what you're looking for here ...

You can select unit type in the Options > Preferences menu. Either English or Metric.

If you are wanting to change inches into feet there are 12 inches in 1 foot. The program takes dimensions in inches or centimeters (depending on selected unit type).

I've actually found the help documents and tutorials to be VERY helpful.

Nomad

Sep 26, 2006
Elks Plain, Washington
Trainman, go to options, prefrences. there is a dropdown box that says length format. You can change to inches or feet.

Loren

Couple other things I thought of. Xtrk is freeware, but you have to have a registration key. Did you get that and install it? Otherwise the program is limited.
Also, maybe you have the zoom to tight. Top left, second radio button will change the zoom. Hope that helps.

Loren

Also, go to options, grid. I think that's the problem !