XTrkCad download has moved

rogerw

Jun 16, 2006
manhattan ks
Rob when you click on the icon on your desk top you said nothing happened. Have you checked to see if its running on your programs on the bottom of your screen. when I click on my icon it always starts on the bar at the bottom of screen . I have to click on it there to run it.

rogerw

Jun 16, 2006
manhattan ks
Another thought Rob is the icon on your desktop the "install" icon. If you click on this it will just reinstall again. Go to the START ,program, xtrkcad4 and run it from there.

Rob24

Nov 26, 2007
Another thought Rob is the icon on your desktop the "install" icon. If you click on this it will just reinstall again. Go to the START ,program, xtrkcad4 and run it from there.

THAT WORKED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks a MILLION...

rogerw

Jun 16, 2006
manhattan ks
glad it worked. If you have other problems let me know. I am by no means an expert at the program but I did manage to stumble through it to get my track plan figured out. Thanks

Rob24

Nov 26, 2007
So far I have spent about 2 1/2 hours "playing" around with it. Let me say it's alot harder to use then I thought. I am not giving up on it though. I have read "most" of the tutorial and put down a bit of track.

A few questions I do have:

How do you upload buildings and such?

Can you make an "L" shaped layout with Xtrkcad?

Also, once I get the layout all to my likeing is there a way to print out a shopping list with all the products I have used? The reason I ask this, I have seen others drawings with specific names and brands.

Nomad

Sep 26, 2006
Elks Plain, Washington
Rob, first, go to layout, options. Input the scale your working in and the size of your area. Not the size of your table, but the size of your room the layout will be in. When you open a new trackplan, the grid will be the size of your room. Draw your table inside the room area.
To make a shopping list, select the whole trackplan, go to manage and select parts list.
To get buildings, go to file, parameter files. Choose browse, and there wil be a list of different building manufactures.
Hope this helps.

Loren

RonP

Member of the WMRC
Another piece of advice i use from my experiance with game development is use layers.
They make it allot easier to cleanly use an almost done layout. It is something that becomes more important with each save.

By layers i mean building on one bench on another and track on its own too.

And yes you can print 1:1 scale