xtm 24.7

Discussion in 'RC General & Getting Started' started by monsterrcbuilder04, May 7, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. monsterrcbuilder04

monsterrcbuilder04 Active Member

what is the difference between the 24.7 and 24.7 pro?THANX
  2. pimp

pimp Active Member

i xtm 24.7 pro has a black crank case and and 6 ports a reg has a silver crank case and 4 ports and the pro has a diffrent carb than the reg and i think a diffrent head
  3. monsterrcbuilder04

so do you think it is worth the money to buy the pro or should i just get the regular?
  4. pimp

pimp Active Member

no the pro and reg is just abot the same the biggest diffrence is the price really the pro is 180 the reg. is 130 and the pro is a tad bit better so i would go with the reg or if u have nothing but money 2 spend and go all out on a motor in xtm go for the pro
  5. monsterrcbuilder04

no im limited on money so i will just go with the reg.
  6. dj6666969

dj6666969 Active Member

well for performense the pro would be ALOT better because it has more ports. More ports means greater power. See if you add more ports to a engine it increses the *flow* of the engine. See that is why some people port and polish there engines all it is really is widing the ports on the sleeve to make the exhaust go out faster. Go for the pro and you can probly find a pro on ebay for the price or a reg 1~
  7. monsterrcbuilder04

so that would mean it would burn fuel faster, right?
  8. niner

niner Member

you can get the regular motor and later on put the pro sleeve and piston in after you wear out that one. it will work fine in the regular.
  9. rcosmax

rcosmax Member

the crank is also ported on the pro. They are very different engines and the pro will be much faster/more powerful.
  10. pimp

pimp Active Member

it rilly isent that diff. more power but he is looking for something with ok power and high rpm so the reg would be better for 60 bux less
  11. monsterrcbuilder04

well i really liked the power of the pro but i am hearing it kills the tranny so i probably wont get it
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.