Xray_scan (results)

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by shamus, Nov 24, 2003.

1. grlakeslogger

grlakeslogger Member

That is genuinely great news from Paul and all others as well.

My mother was diagnosed last spring; surgery was done in May. A recent x-ray and other tests confirmed that the cancer has not returned.

A relatively new diagnostic tool called a PET Scan was used to confirm last spring that the cancer had not spread beyond her lungs. If anybody has doubts about a diagnosis, this is a great tool to ask your doctor about.

It is really great to hear your collective medical good news especially at this time of year. May God bless all this holiday season.
  2. philip

philip Guest

Great news Shamus!:thumb:

3. absnut

absnut Member

I am so very happy to hear that News, Paul!

4. Clerk

Clerk Active Member

No wonder you have been on and off again on the Gauge. The good Lord must be looking out for you with news as a Christmas present. Will be praying for you.
  5. shamus

shamus Registered Member

What can I say but Many many thanks for all your kind comments, it was a relief after so long waiting with many tests. My heartfelt thanks to one and all. What a family we have here at the gauge.
  6. rsn48

rsn48 Member

I posted your news in the moderator's forum at Trainboard and you will be happy to know that many postedand were happy to hear your news, as I was. I still can remember the first photos you posted at trainboard of your work and how impressed I was and am. Enjoyed the coverage your layout received State side.

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
  7. shamus

shamus Registered Member

Hi Rick and thanks for posting on Trainboard for me. I could find it as I am not a moderator, and like this forum, only mods can read the moderator threads.

thanks again.
  8. Excellent news, Paul! Glad to here it. :thumb: :wave:
  9. Jaws

Jaws New Member

Most glad for you. I emphasize with you as I was diagnosed with the "Big C" back in 1994 when about to retire.

Went through all the tests and treatments and finally was told on 12/24/02 that it was out of control and had to have immediate surgery.

After the surgery and while in chemo, had a blood clot that completely closed off blood to heart and lungs. Was within 100 feet of the hospital when the attack ocurred but no one knew what to do. Fortunately when I fell, the clot must have dislodged and regained consciousness. When my Dr arrived he said I was "clinically dead for several minutes".

Am happy to report that, eleven months later after the surgery, loss of bladder and prostate, three months of chemo--I show no signs of "it" returning.

It is harder on the wife, relatives and friends that on the "victim". I know it has made a better person out of me. I am appreciating my family and friends as well as every day of my 73 years--and modelling is a good part of my therapy.
  10. kettlestack

kettlestack Member

Paul, I wasn't aware of the original diagnosis, just that you were going to be less active in The-Gauge.

Gee man, your news must have been like being given life all over again, I'm really happy for you. Now we can look forward to more and more of your work being posted in here (that just has to be more good news for us :wave: )

As you said ... it's going to be a helluva great Christmas for you and your family. May you see plenty more Christmases too. Splice the mainbrace my friend.

11. NYCentral

NYCentral Member

Paul, As you know I have been praying for you all along, so this is the best of news my friend!!