Xray_scan (results)

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by shamus, Nov 24, 2003.

1. rguyett

rguyett Member

Great news for you shamus
    I know the stress you must of been under
    Make sure you do all the followup tests
    I was not so lucky as I have stage 4 lung cancer which is terminal and it is hard to deal with but i have made peace with it. I was diagnosed in July 4 2003 and given 3 to 6 months but with my treatments they think i mught now have a year.
    They did not catch mine in time and thats why i say to you do all followup tests and keep checking becuse if they get it early emough they can help you
    Wishing you all the best and my prayers are with you !!!!!!!!!
  2. N Gauger

N Gauger 1:20.3 Train Addict

Great Stuff Paul!!!!! Fantastic!!!!
  3. Ben H

Ben H Member

Nice result - I know that I reduces the pressure.

I had CT Scan and X-ray to determine the cause of mean long term case of sinusitis -- very close to the brain those sinus.

Results are clear --- now I have to work on getting rid of the related symptoms.
  4. sumpter250

sumpter250 multiscale modelbuilder

:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)
    What more can I say!
  5. billk

billk Active Member

What a relief this must be to you, Paul. I'm so happy for you.
  6. Lighthorseman

Lighthorseman Active Member

What GREAT news, Paul! :thumb:
  7. RailRon

RailRon Active Member

I'm very glad to hear such good news from you, Paul!

While an emphysema still isn't funny, the relief from this threat of cancer must be a bright ray for your future!

I bet your joy at modeling just has risen a notch or two!

8. mhdishere

mhdishere Member

That's great Shamus, thank God!

Amazing how, if you were just told you had asthma and emphysema you'd be upset, except that you were told it was worse. Talk about counting your blessings!
  9. Tad

Tad Member

I'm really glad to hear that.

10. Vic

Vic Active Member

Great News

Paul My Friend, I'm so glad to get this bit of great news!!:) :) :)

Are your sure that the scan didn't turn up a few old rusty track spikes in there too?:D :D :D

I know you are relieved...Best to you and your family for the Holidays....Vic
  11. shamus

shamus Registered Member

Many many thanks indeed my friends, yes, I am a re-born person, Xmas will be thrilling I can tell you.
    All my children rang me within an hour of each other wanting to know the news. It was great telling them, I can tell you.

Thankyou again
  12. Peirce

Peirce Member

Great to hear, Paul. I know the feeling all too well and wish you well. .:thumb:

I hope we can make this a holiday where we all can say we have beat cancer in one way or another. :D
  13. roryglasgow

roryglasgow Active Member

Great news! We'll keep you in our prayers!
  14. jon-monon

jon-monon Active Member

Now you can teach us everything we need to know!

:) :) :) :D :D :D ;) ;) ;) :p :p :p :cool: :cool: :cool: :wave: :wave: :wave: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :oops: :oops: :oops: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :wave: :wave: :wave: :cool: :cool: :cool: :p :p :p ;) ;) ;) :D :D :D :) :) :)
  15. Flangehead

Flangehead Member

I love it when red signals turn green!
    Great news
  16. Sandia

Sandia New Member

Glad to hear you are clear, I was elated when they told me they had nuked my tumor down to nothing. Had it on the epoglottus from smoking for over 50 years, they only down side is they nuked my voice box and my voice is like a whisper and I cant taste a damn thing. Had 48 sessions some twice a day, what a drag. Havent tasted any thing since Aug 1 of last year. But it is better than the alternative.

Emphyasema is no better and some what worse in the last year, huff and puff like one of your logging tea kettles. Suckng o2 24/7 at 3 liters. Keep in there plugging.

Rio Rancho NM
  17. jimmybeersa

jimmybeersa Member

Paul........Glad to hear your good news
    As a Colon Cancer survivor I know just how you must have felt, Had an X-ray of my lungs a little while ago where they found a dark spot on one of my lungs, What a fright ,as I had lived for a few years on an Asbestos mine property. After a lot more test they found it to be scar tissue from an old chest infection.What a relief ,I do have other chest problems due to the 40 years I spent underground on the gold mines
    Best of luck for your future health, looking forward to your pictures of your new project
    God Bless
  18. zeeglen

zeeglen Member

Great news! Nothing beats expecting the worst and hearing the best.
  19. jmarksbery

jmarksbery Active Member

Great news Paul, there is a God. :thumb:
  20. TrainClown

TrainClown Member

Good to hear the news Shamus. I can relate. My wife has had a bit of a scare recently. Turns out she has a blood clot in her lung. Almost killed her! She was in the hospital for 16 days and just got home a few days ago. Now she is on warferin and has to go for blood work every other day. She is doing better now and has stopped smoking too!

Your good news gives me hope.

I'm glad to hear it my new friend.