XP 55 Ascender

Discussion in 'Aircraft & Aviation' started by Billy Leliveld, Aug 15, 2007.

1. Gilson Morais

Gilson Morais New Member

Very nice work. And a very interesting plane. A beuty.

Thanks for sharing,
  2. zizi6785

zizi6785 New Member

Wery beautiful!
  3. sakrison

sakrison Member

I tried to built Orkik's Shinden about 3 years ago and ran into similar problems of poor fit, poor color match, and inadequate instructions. There's really no excuse for it. Someone at Orlik should have done a beta build before they released these kits. My un-build thread is at http://www.zealot.com/forum/showthread.php?t=141865

You've done a great job of handling glaring problems. I gave up on the Shinden and almost gave up on Orlik, entirely. I might just try the Ascender, now that I've seen that it's possible. It's a unique aircraft and I don't know of any other kit in paper.

4. Bit strange this thread is revived after such a long time, but I hope Orlik has changed their approach, when I follow Bomarc's build of the B25 , over at Papermodelers I think they did, and I just bought their newest Xp61 and that looks spectacular:thumb:
    I have the Shinden, and a couple of other Orlik kits in my"to do " stack, but after the XP 55 they ended up at the bottom of that stack
  5. ekuth

ekuth Active Member

Awesome work!
  6. atamjeet

atamjeet Member

Very nice work. Neat and clean. Congrats.
  7. Herk FE

Herk FE New Member

If I could build models half as good as some of you guys... I'd be very happy! Awesome work!
  8. Vyceroy

Vyceroy New Member

I have this Model and am very glad i came across this thread .. i will definitely look for the trouble areas when i build it
  9. ustercluck

ustercluck New Member

nice job on an unusual subject.