xmods

Discussion in 'RC Drifting and Setup' started by top secret, Aug 24, 2005.

1. top secret

top secret Guest

have anywone tryed xmods cars?? are they fast?? kan you drift with it??
  2. SpArKeY_STi

SpArKeY_STi Guest

i have, fast no, drift yes
  3. top secret

top secret Guest

but dus it drift?? and is it fun to do it in the livinroom?? i herd they can make 40mph.. how big is the rims??
  4. SpArKeY_STi

SpArKeY_STi Guest

They drift alright for what they are. 40MPH is unheard of in those things! I was lucky to hit 10. But, i suppose with a few custom mods it might touch 40. The rims are like, the size of a nickle... not very big. I was able to hold the NSX in my hand and it went from the tips of my fingers to my wrist.

They are kinda fun, but can only really do so much before you learn how to destroy them by jumping them. If you want a small car, i recomend a Micro RS4 or XRay M18 for drifting. Im able to drift them in the house, yet still go out and race the big boys. So it has many more uses then XMods.
  5. Driftwood

Driftwood Guest

For the money you would spend getting a Xmod ready to drift go with a micro rs4 or something. Trust me i got about $140 in xmod stuff. Orion motor, turbo, bearings.............. and on and on. Good for rainy day on hardwoods thats about it. 1 inch pvc goes right over the wheeels with some trimming. Spend the cash and get something better. Just my 2 cents
  6. SpArKeY_STi

SpArKeY_STi Guest

What money are you needing to spend on it? Like $70 for the car, maby new motor or parts to make it look cool, then $.79 for electrical tape. Thats all i used. Drifting isnt about power, its about finess and skill.
  7. sideways

sideways Guest

I personally prefer smaller scales for anything . I drift with a durartrax micro street force , they are really cheap over in the us now. Tower hobbies i think has them for $60 , tape up your tires with pvc tape and you can start drifting . Other than that then i guess the x-ray or micror s4 but the micro street force is a great , cheap READY TO RUN , 4wd 1/18th scale on-road car that can drift very well .

First post WOOT !! :D
  8. SpArKeY_STi

SpArKeY_STi Guest

Ya, thats 1/18th scale, made by Hobby level rc car manufacturers. X-Mods are made by radio shack who cant even make quality batteries. I like small scales too. Works well in doors for winter, i myself own a Micro RS4, but i would NEVER recomend a X-Mod... EVER.
  9. sideways

sideways Guest

I have an xmod that i payed quite alot to have it shipped from canada and i broke the rear cup-joint , but i must say the quality is appauling.