xmod FETS???

Discussion in 'RC Onroad Forum' started by ty007cars, Nov 29, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ty007cars

ty007cars Member

what are fets?? i know thire for xmods but what do they do?? what do they mean? and where can i find them??
  2. rockn82

rockn82 Marx Brother

www.xmodspeed.com
    They are kinda like mosfet chips in a stereo system. For Power. You can find pretty much anything your looking for at that site above.
  3. Justin_E

Justin_E Member

field effect transistor. they are for if you have a powerful motor and you want to run it. goto www.xmodworld.com and sign up on the forum, it is a great place to answer your xmod questions.......by the way, what kind of xmod do u have and wat upgrades? i have the corvette with a 6 cell mod and stage 2 motor, soon to get more
  4. dj6666969

dj6666969 Active Member

These fets are used in order to give more power to the motor so you can use larger motors, as in anything the bigger the motor the more juice it will need to have. Fet's are pretty cheap but you have to be pretty good at solidering to put them on. You have to stack them on top of each other, 2 stacks. The more the fet's the more power speed youll get.When useing a 5th cell in a Xmod you don't really need a fet upgrade but I sugest and most every other Xmod moder will say get more fet's for a 6th cell.
  5. Justin_E

Justin_E Member

im sorry but i have to debate lol, fets dont have anything to do with power, alls they do is allow more power draw from the motor, the stock fets cant allow more draw
  6. dj6666969

dj6666969 Active Member

lmao u just said it ur self. with the stock fetts the motor would not get enuf juice but wiht more fets it gives the motor more juice, so what does that do? It in creases the power of the motor...
  7. Justin_E

Justin_E Member

lol. well its not that the stock fets cant pull the power through, they can, but if they do they will fry
  8. dj6666969

dj6666969 Active Member

your not getting the point here. More fetts give the power to the motor that it needs to function right with out getting burnt up!
  9. Justin_E

Justin_E Member

whatever lol, im wrong. so do you still have your rsx DJ?
  10. dj6666969

dj6666969 Active Member

nope I had traded it awhile back...
  11. ty007cars

ty007cars Member

well i dont have one yet but im getting one...im getting a lithium upgrade with 3.2 volds a cell...will the car go faster
  12. monsterrcbuilder04

monsterrcbuilder04 Active Member

yuo deffinatly need them if you use the sb hybrid motor...i fired mine becasue i didnt upgrade when i ptu that motor in.lol
  13. ty007cars

ty007cars Member

14. wolfcalibur

wolfcalibur New Member

i got a skyline xmod.! its a 6 cell s2 motor and mono shock and some other stuff on it.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.