Discussion in 'Aircraft & Aviation' started by Billy Leliveld, Aug 26, 2006.

1. Here it is

I've finished the model, I still don't know if it is a real plane or not, but with Christmass coming up I figure out some use for it...
    Cheers Billy

Attached Files:

2. Regie

Regie Member

Oh, that's a beauty! What a fantastic looking build - my hat is off Sir!
  3. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

That looks great! One of the best metalics I have seen :D
  4. Jim Krauzlis

Jim Krauzlis Active Member

Superbly built model, Billy!

Is this the original kit or the tracing you made of it?
    I didn't see any mention of whether you got a reply on putting your trace into the parts bin, did you?

Really a wonderfully built model, brilliant work!

5. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

A Real Beauty! Turned out really nice. Good job Billy!

How about some more pictures? please:grin:

6. Thanks for the compliments, I've build my copy of this strange bird, printed on high gloss metalfoil paper, which looked just like the original, which worked out well with your help...
    I tried to add some extra detail with the rivetting,i used an old fashioned markingwheel, my mother used to apply on making clothes..
    I don't know if I would be violating any copyright laws, by posting it in the Parts Bin ?

Attached Files:

7. w.holzinger

w.holzinger Guest

Hi Billy,
    you did a very good job in building this airplane.
    As far as I know there was no plan to build this aircraft meaning this Kranich-model is simply a fake of the cold war and was meant as an answer to the American prototypes of this era. This was the anser I got from the Mitteldeutscher-Kartonmodell-Verlag, a successor of the Kranich publisher.
    Best regards, Wolfgang
  8. Ashrunner

Ashrunner Member

Nice build. As for distributing the parts, I would prefer you withdraw the offer until you have permission from the designer. No telling what has come of the design, so to be safe, please check the status first.

Along that line, if anyone knows anything about the model, please give Billy a hand. On metal foil, that is a great looking kit everyone would enjoy.
  9. Hallo Wolfgang, Ashrunner
    What you are saying I already suspected, It a coldwar fake, but It's still a nice one, now in my showcase together with the FG-tailsitters
    I checked the Mitteldeutscher-Kartonmodell-Verlag, they have a website;
    There was no XL-1 on the current catalog, I've send them my scans, they are collecting old Kranich models
    There even seem to be a "friends of Kranich" society...
    Cheers Billy