xbox problems..anyone know about these

Discussion in 'Zealot Archives' started by tg413, Mar 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tg413

tg413 Member

Here's the scoop, i bought my xbox about 2 yrs ago new.Brought it home put it in the entertainment center and left it, it never skipped a beat ( unless games were really scratched).I bought an xbox live kit, and i had to move my xbox closer to the modem, the wire they supplied was too short.Ever since that move i have been having alot of trouble with it reading games, sometimes it will read them sometimes not,at first i thought it was the games but i kept bringing new games back to the store and nodda.I took it to the gamestop today and they said with out looking at it that its shot?Well i bought another one, but i wanted to know if there was a way to fix them or if the eyes get off balance or whatever because id like to put it in my sons room.I took it apart today and blew the dust out of it but still no real change played once then nodda after i turned it off then on again. thanks alot p.s some games work no problem .
  2. monsterrcbuilder04

monsterrcbuilder04 Active Member

my friends was liek that so i took a looka t it. i cleaned the eye and that did nothing and there was no visable damage inside. if you call microsift they will tell you to send 80 bux and they might be able to fix it. pretty much thats 80 for them just to looka t it. but one hting, if you take it apart there is no more warrenty. some of the screws are under tape so they know if its been tampered with. good luck. i would liek to know whats wrong with it too
  3. tg413

tg413 Member

yep ,when i took it apart there wasnt any sign of problems but i really dont know what im looking for either.There seemed to be no spots where anything had overheated or what not.To me it seemed that the problem started once i started using the live on it.oh well, thanks anyhow, if i do find out anything ill let ya know. take care
  4. ty923

ty923 Member

hay take it apart once more and try to smell it you will beable to smell if anything burnt up and if you moved things inside the x-box it will be off level and will not work right .you can try and put it on a tilt and playing it .hope thing work out for you .
  5. shannonmcb

shannonmcb Member

hey the laser is shot in that xbox i bet it has a thonpson drive you can buy a new laser for it on this site for around 30 bucks and they have instructions how to put it in its pretty simple let me know how you make out
  6. ty923

ty923 Member

if you touched the laser with your fingger the oils on you skin will mess it up big time you best bett buy a new laser.
  7. tg413

tg413 Member

thanks for the info.
  8. tg413

tg413 Member

i never touched anything but just opened it up to spray air in there thinking maybe just dusty or whatever, i ended up giving it away to the kid who mows my lawn, maybe he can fiddle with it and get it going but i know it plays some games no problem. i gave up on it and got a new one. peace
  9. Golf_VR6

Golf_VR6 New Member

check the wires for a short, sometimes a short on the outside interferes with the laser wires.... i found that out the other day lol
  10. Justin_E

Justin_E Member

get an xbox 360! lol
  11. tg413

tg413 Member

LOL a little late there justin, post was from march 05 and there were no 360's out at that time but there is one in my living room right now.... Later
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.