XB-70 Valkyrie

Discussion in 'Aircraft & Aviation' started by Billy Leliveld, Feb 26, 2006.

1. Hello everybody, I just signed in to this wonderful webside, I've got a question, Is there a papermodel of the XB-70 Valkyrie somewhere availble? On the the internet I found one , but this was low-detail thing for kids,
    Cheers, Billy

GEEDUBBYA Active Member

Howdy Bill,

Well, being the self proclaimed unofficial "linkmaster" lol, there is only one website I know of that offers a model of the xb 70 Valkyrie as a free download, and since you already found one, its probably the same link, but on the off chance its not, here is the one that I know of: http://homepage3.nifty.com/ctri/007.htm

This too is a very simple model, but with some "rolling" of the fuselage, you can achieve a more "rounded" look. Below are some photos from the above link:

Hope this helps, have a good day,

Greg aka GW

3. Thanks

Thanks for your information on the XB-70,It's a nice little model,fills another gap in my collection. I think specialy the landing gear needs a nose-(wheel)job ....
    Maybe someone will make a more detailed model, dr Zarkov, or those guys in Poland aren't bad either...
    Cheers , Billy Leliveld
  4. rickstef

rickstef Guest

5. Mercy, I ordered one!
  6. Has there ever been a 1/33 Valkeryie made? That would be a beauty!
  7. Willja67

Willja67 Member

Wouldn't you need a basketball court to display it?:cry:
  8. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

Yeah you would.......... but boy would it stop a basketball game and make people look!

Of course you would have to build the chase planes to go with it!

9. rickstef

rickstef Guest

and that is a problem?
  10. charliec

charliec Active Member

I don't think a 1/33 XB-70 would be too excessive I figure (approximately) it as:

Span - 38.2 in (97cm)
    Length - 67.3 in (171 cm)
    Height - 11.2 in (28 cm)

I think the dimensions are with undercarriage up and wing outer panels in the subsonic (0 deg) position. There are some pretty big paper models of planes around like the 1/33 B-1B and Me-323 Gigant.

11. Be carefull with the chaseplanes, that's the reason the XB-70 went down...

Billy Leliveld:twisted:
  12. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

Well all of them except the Starfighter!
  13. Swinger

Swinger Member

14. the model of the XB-70 Valkyrie is (Meta model released in 1980)in 1/96 scale its a nice model:) you can build it in super sonic or sub sonic mode and set your wing tips in dif positions , i got 2 copies i have yet to build:)
    it is roughly over 20+ inches long
    the hobby model release that was mentioned is almost a carbon copy of the Meta model
  15. Gotit!

Thanks to Ashrunner I found ,ordered and got my copy of the Meta model.It's 26 years old! It comes from Papermodels, Its big, 24 inches long,
    I've got work to do....
  16. Fishcarver

Fishcarver Active Member

17. Interesting... Nice big model too..
    Does anybody knows where I can get one?
    Can't figure it out from Karonbau forum
  18. rickstef

rickstef Guest

19. GT5500

GT5500 Member

Wow that Black jack is a gorgeous looking model I looked on the paper model site but only found the Valkyrie.
  20. Fishcarver

Fishcarver Active Member

I think that the Hobby Model #87 edition is out of print. You may be able to find it on e-bay. It is some BIG aircraft.....