XB 70 VALKYRIE free download

Discussion in 'Internet Finds' started by GEEDUBBYA, Sep 28, 2005.

1. Andreas

Andreas New Member

Hi Lancer525,

Member "Waltair" from the sister forum www.kartonbau.de has started to construct an XB-70.

Greetings Andreas
  2. drwrist

drwrist New Member

I thought that this model disappeared a couple of years ago. I am glad to see it , again.

I had the file and had started a re-design of the gear after realizing that the designer had just created little boxes with pictures of the it. I designed internal boxes for gear bays (in zinc chromate, thank you very much) and then drew up actual gear, complete with FOD (my old HMA-169 coffee cup).

After acquiring images of the real thing, I realized how far wrong I got it all.

Does anyone know how to reach the original designer? After I finish the next re-design, I would like to send him/her the designs to include with the original work. It would be after the model of open-source software design.

I am going to get the door panels and positions correct and probably re-do the engine exhaust area. Look for a little microscopic FOD there, too. Don't be surprised when the file is 400 or 500 KB.
  3. lancer525

lancer525 Member

If you're referring to the MetaModels version of this model, (and I don't read German so I don't know if it is or not) I know how to get in touch with the designer, but he tells me that it likely won't be in production ever again. I can shoot him an email to find out if he's interested though... If you do another version, I'd love to get a copy!
  4. drwrist

drwrist New Member

Hi, Lancer;

No. I was talking about this one: http://homepage3.nifty.com/ctri/007.htm I like it because it is not over-detailed, with a bunch of stuff that you would notbe able to see at this scale. It was just the gear that bothered me, at first.
  5. lancer525

lancer525 Member

I wasn't really happy with that one, precisely because it was not over-detailed. I'm planning on building at 1/24 or 1/32 depending on the graphics company who'll be printing it out for me.

I have a good wire-frame 3D model of the Valkyrie, but no idea what to do with it.

Thanks for getting back on this!
  6. sdk2knbk

sdk2knbk Guest

Thanks, Lancer. I don't suppose you're still in contact with Doug? I wonder if we could get his permission to scan an old copy of the Valkyrie. Hmmm, maybe send him a fee for each scanned copy distributed? I wonder what he'd say?

Scott K.
  7. lancer525

lancer525 Member

I actually talked with Doug not long ago (via email, of course) to get his permission to scan the MetaModels copy I have, so that it can be enlarged up to my preferred scale. He was very gracious about it, and readily agreed. Kinko's can be such a stick in the mud about making scans and copies of things that have that little (C) thing on them, even if you are doing it for your own purposes...

Anyway, in a previous email, he mentioned that he was in the process of a move, and that it would be a couple of months before he could worry about models, so I am not really sure how well it would go over if I were to throw that at him. Perhaps in a few weeks I can. I also have a very good 3-D wireframe model of the Valkyrie, but no knowledge or experience in taking something like that to a paper kit. If I did, I would jump on this one in a heartbeat.

If anyone out there is interested in converting the wireframe I have to model parts, preferably at 1/24 or 1/32, then by all means, give me a shout via PM... :thumb:
  8. Janx

Janx Member

I have designed a model, its in PDO format atm and a very early beta as I have never printed it out or build it, But its a but basic. Image attached. If I can get all these jobs off my back I would be happy to post it up ( eventually) if enough peeps want it.

Attached Files:

9. David H

David H Member

Well I don't normally do many military subjects but... WOOOOOOW!

10. lancer525

lancer525 Member

Are you kidding? sign1

You can absolutely count me in as wanting a copy!

11. paulhbell

paulhbell Guest

I'm affraid I'd like a copy of the PDO as well, please. I know about the gimmie, gimmie, gimmie thread and I don't like begging, but this looks like a nice build.
  12. This is looking like an outstanding alternative to the commercial model, if you can find it. I really hope that you continue with this, and also I hope that you will make it available, either in PDO or PDF, or both. Janx, you are showing a great amount of talent as a designer and I hope you will continue to do so.

Tom W.
  13. Janx

Janx Member

Thanks for the very kind words, guess I'd best sort this one then...
  14. Rick Thomson

Rick Thomson Member

Rick (chanting "we're not worthy, we're not worthy", and genuflecting in your general direction...) seriously though, I would be willing to lash out a few Euros for a nice Valkyrie.
  15. lancer525

lancer525 Member

What was that?

16. Chase plane

I was watch discovery show on the Valkerie. i think it would look cool with the chase planes.
  17. Janx

Janx Member

Redrawing some parts and expanding the textures to make them a bit nore detailed up front. I have real probs with the internals of these models, what to put where to support what, so I suspect a few test builds will be in order first.
  18. SMWulph

SMWulph New Member

Looks very cool, Janx.
    The Val was one of my favorite to visit when I use to live in the Dayton area.
    NOW another subject related to this great bird but was never built.
    The SST version: http://www.up-ship.com/eAPR/ev2n1.htm
  19. Janx

Janx Member

Got this to a point of a beta, any one want to mess about with an untextured one to see what can be changed? If 2-3 can have a go, drop me a pm.
  20. Janx

Janx Member

3 Victims, err, Volunteers have stepped forward... its just wait and see...