XB 70 VALKYRIE free download

Discussion in 'Internet Finds' started by GEEDUBBYA, Sep 28, 2005.

GEEDUBBYA Active Member

Howdy Guys,

I have been sitting on this one since the day the forum went down. Its a free download of a model of the XB 70 supersonic Bomber. I found it while looking thru sites of "flying paper models", so, I am not sure, but this might be able to fly, but I got it purely for a static display.Its hard to find models of the Valkyrie out there. Anyway you can find and download it here: http://homepage3.nifty.com/ctri/007.htm

Below are the accompanying photos of the model:
    Anyway, happy modeling, and have a good evening,

Greg aka GW
  2. ButchPrice

ButchPrice Member

Nice find GW. Thanks for the heads up!
    Duly noted, instantly downloaded ; )

GEEDUBBYA Active Member

Howdy Butch,

The pleasure is all mine. Used to, I tried to include atleast one free download in about every 5 of my post when I first started here in the forum. But, what is new to some is old to others. However, I took that theory one step further and thought that "whats new to some is old to others but may be new to even others". Its a viscious cycle lol. But sine we do get new members in here regularly, I think my "re thought" theory is better, I mean what better way to greet a new member than with a link to a free download of the type model he/she is interested in. And usually you can get some idea of their skill level by their first posting and adjust accordingly.
    However, I have found it easier just to direct the newbies to sites with links on them, like freepapertoys.com and iceberg and the Lhvcc sites and let them pick and choose.
    Anyway, I am glad you like the model, I have searched Hi and Lo for months now and thats the best one I have found for free.

Have a good evening,

4. modelincard

modelincard Member

Thanks. The XB-70 is one of my favorite airplanes, but I could never find a good model of it.
  5. Rick Thomson

Rick Thomson Member

Great, I've always wanted a model of the Valkyrie, hmmm...maybe I could have a go at rounding the fuselage out a bit. Thanks GW.

GEEDUBBYA Active Member

Howdy Rick,

Yeah, The fuselage could use some rounding out. I found this model while browsing thru the "flying model airplanes" category at: http://www.spacestation42.com/pt-planesfly.html . I wasnt expecting to find the Valkyrie, but like you I was glad to see it. I had never been able to find one either til this one. Seemed like everytime I would find a link to one, the page was "unavailible".
    I printed off one full size and then printed one off on 4" x 6" photo paper for what appears to be about a 1:144 scale model. I figure the full size model is 1:72 scale (guessing).
    There is also a model of a YS 11 japanese twin engine cargo/passenger plane on the above link too.
    Anyway, glad you like it, have a good day

7. dwgannon

dwgannon Member

Nice job. I have it on my list. Looks good and solid. You did a mighty fine job.
  8. ml5716111

ml5716111 Guest

Meta Models issued this kit in 1/96 scale years ago, and P.M.I. might still have some.
  9. Ashrunner

Ashrunner Member

I have the Meta Models kit of the XB-70. Nice kit and even at the scale, it is still a large model. I picked mine up on eBay. I guess those bidding against me gave me a break as I didn't pay near what I thought the kit would go for. I haven't attempted to build it yet, just pull it out once in a while and look at it. One thing about it I don't like is it came with a decal sheet for some of the markings, including the red stripes on the bird, even those in the US stars and bars insignia. I know this was done to bring down printing costs, but I have since lost the sheet 8v(

GEEDUBBYA Active Member

Howdy Ashrunner,

But thats the beauty of card models, you can make your own decals or color the models like you want them.
    Its always a good idea to scan your "hard copy" models and build from the scans anyway, that way if you mess up, you always have a master copy to fall back on and rescan if/when needed.
    By using the scanned copies to build the model you can also "color" or place whatever insignia you want on the model thru photoshop or other photo editing programs.
    These are just a few of the things that cardmodeling has over plastic modeling.
    But yes.....there are some models that are just nice to look at in their flat sheet form and let your imagination go wild while you think about all the alternitives you have when building the model.
    I know you know about saving "master copies" but thought for the new members we have, I would point out that fact if they werent aware of it.

have a good day,

Greg aka GW
  11. lancer525

lancer525 Member

Hate to bring up a nearly four year old thread, but I am seriously seeking a good quality, fairly large scale XB-70, and I am at my wits end, because all these links show nothing.

12. mvink

mvink Member

Hey Lancer,

I just tried the link at the top of the post and it worked fine. The site is all in Japanese, but I was able to download the XB-70 with no problem.

If you missed it, the link is: http://homepage3.nifty.com/ctri/007.htm
    Then click on the text XB-70 (gobbledygook) Ver 1.0 and there you go.

13. lancer525

lancer525 Member

Thanks for that, MV, but that model doesn't have the quality or detail I am looking for. It is very obviously designed for a beginner, and it just isn't suitable.
    What I seek is a much higher quality model.
    I appreciate your help, in any case.
  14. DHL

DHL Member

Oh thanks !
  15. cdavenport

cdavenport Member

Thanks so much for this one!
  16. sdk2knbk

sdk2knbk Guest

The Meta Models' Valkyrie, built from sheets reduced to letter size, from copy paper over manilla folder stock. One of my first pm builds, from about 15 years ago.

Scott K.

Attached Files:

17. lancer525

lancer525 Member

That's a very well built model for an early build, SDK...

I've been trying to get my hands on a copy of the Doug Emmons Valkyrie for a while now. He tells me that the guy named Lou who was selling them is out of stock and going out of business, and that the model will likely never be reprinted.

I have visions of it resized to 1/32 and printed on metallic silver card.
  18. It was available from papermodelstore, but the webstore is closed.
    I have seen it on E-bay recently, and Lou Gehring is selling out on E-bay,
    Look for 'paper model' on E-bay and you'll find a lot of models from "papermodelstore",it's the same guy :mrgreen: he also invites you to contact him about other models not posted on E-bay
  19. lancer525

lancer525 Member

That's the one that was designed by Doug Emmons, and sold by Lou at PMI, in addition to being at the USAFM.

That's the one I've been looking for, and I absolutely will make you an offer. Please PM me so that we can begin negotiations.

20. lancer525

lancer525 Member

And you're about to have a deal. sign1