Hello, this is the model I'm working on right now and the first one that I'm going to show here. The base for this build is the model from PaperGrade by Zen , as it looked as the best from free paper models of X-wing that i could find. The scale is 1/48. I decided to print it out untextured and paint it afterwards, as I planned to make some modifications to it and didn't like the original texture that much. Fuselage: I changed the shape of proton torpedo launch tubes and moved them a bit closer to cockpit. As you can see, I added some internal structure to the fuselage too. The nose cone will be a custom one, the provided is too edgy for my taste. It will be connected later on after finishing the wings, together with the aft details, cockpit, droid socket and the area behind it. I applied a lacquer and painted the edges and torpedo tubes with matt black enamel color (hubroll) to see, what effect will the color have on paper. The result was quite satisfiing, I sanded some edges and moved on to next stage. I printed the fuselage parts again, drew the panels on them according to the Finemolds model and real filming models. Then went over the panel lines with a needle, creating a subtle negative plating like on plastic models. Sort of an experiment of mine It worked out quite well, so I started gluing the parts to the model - so it has now 2 layers of paper on some places. Next, I glued many little pieces of paper to the fuselage, creating a delicate detail and getting rid of the large flat surfaces. This gives the model a nice effect, resembling the ILM models. For positioning and size of the pieces I used the models as reference for some, for others I used my own imagination. This is a big fun to do though the pieces are so small, that I had to manipulate them with a wet toothpick. Now, the coloring: I tried to recreate the ragged look and marks of heavy use of the film models, the one we all like Well, I had to paint the fuselage for several times to archieve the look I liked, using white and gray enamel color mixture. This had a large negative impact on the fine panel lines, so I had to rescribe most of them. This was definitely not fun; but it's my fault... I guess that painting it with airbrush would be much much better, but I don't have one, so it's not an option for me. I used a masking tape for the red stripes. After painting I scratched the surface around panel edges to remove the red and bring back the light grey color of the bottom layer. Same on the dark grey panels. This is the part of painting I like the most ^_^ Engines and wings: Another little experiment - nozzle. I prefer to see some internals inside instead just black hole, so... this is the result. This time, it's painted with watercolors. Process is largely like on fuselage, but this time I designed much more parts myself - the wing is drawn to be a scaled copy of Finemolds' one; some internal structure added, panel work, little details, plating on engines... now I need to apply lacquer and paint. And... make 3 more to go >_< I estimate that this will take me a considerable amount of time, probably the whole next month.