x ray shows its broke

farmer ron

Jan 18, 2002
B.C., canada
Visit site
While going down the stairs the other day one of the family dogs took out my footing and down i went, ouch !!!! that hurts !!!. just though i had badly sprained it but was very sore in one spot. Went to the dr.'s yesterday to get it checked out and sure enough the x rays show its broke. Have just got back from the hospital with a new fiberglass cast on the right foot and leg all the way up to the knee. The good news is that there is now plenty of time for the trains, as long as I can do it sitting down.. Have to stay off it completely for the next 48 hrs then can hobble around, so its off to the couch for some good reading, then in a couple of days will get at some switch building and scratchbuilding the logging repair sheds and warehouse.. and of course some time on The Guage....talk with u soon..Ron..

N Gauger

1:20.3 Train Addict
Dec 20, 2000
South Eastern, PA
mywebpages.comcast.net
Yeah, Glad you didn't take it out on the dog :)

I'm sure you really didn't have to hurt yourself - just to get train time :)

Here's a signature for your cast, print it out & tape it to the cast :) :)

Hurry up & get well :)

Attachments

• ronsig.jpg
    ronsig.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 16

Clerk

Nov 6, 2002
Esparto, California
Visit site
Ron. I know about how you felt. In a motel in Portland, I was coming down the stairs to the lobby. tripped and took a nose dive to the floor. I heard a crack in my ankle and couldn't put any weight on it. You know how I must have felt. The lobby was full of people checking in. My wife took me to the doctor where he X rayed it. Luckely, no broken bones but sure had a bad sprain. I was on crutchs for several weeks

N

nachoman

yikes. That ice is nasty! Sounds like you have a positive attitude of what to do with your down time!

kevin

ezdays

Out AZ way
Feb 3, 2003
Arizona
bigbluetrains.com
farmer ron said:
...The good news is that there is now plenty of time for the trains, as long as I can do it sitting down...
Good thing you didn't land on your toosh or you'd have to stand to work on them...:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Good luck and get better so you can do both, stand and sit.:wave:

farmer ron

Jan 18, 2002
B.C., canada
Visit site
Thanks everyone for the kind words, the dog is fine, no did not take it out on her, she came running over to me when i finally stopped bouncing at the bottom of the stairs, she was shaking and I think she realized what happened, sat and petted her and made sure she was alright to and reashuring her that it was just one of those thinks and i will be fine.
I wish it was just a sprain but no did it good, as Dick can tell you crutches at the best of times are no fun and hoping around on one foot is't any better. Going to pick up the throw rugs that are on the concrete floor in the hobby room, I dug out an old chair that I got from my neighbour when she worked at a bank. It a tall stool type with a back with four wheels under it, so I can sit on it and slowly push myself around. This way I don't have to hop around with sharp things in my hands. Thanks again everyone will let you how things progress...Ron..

ausien

Sep 14, 2004
Sydney, Austrailia
Now Ron, tell the truth, you had that poor dog of yours trip you on perpose, just to get you some time off to do what you really wanted.... MODEL YOUR TRAINS...not a bad idea realy... How did you train(pun intended) her to do it?...

on a seriouse not mate, hope your ankle heals fast and you have 2 strong pins once again....have a good one..steve