x-mods!!!

Discussion in 'RC Onroad Forum' started by monsterrcbuilder04, Apr 3, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. monsterrcbuilder04

monsterrcbuilder04 Active Member

2. dj6666969

dj6666969 Active Member

do you have a Xmod?
  3. monsterrcbuilder04

ya i have the supra. i had a skyline but the radio wasnt working right so i brought it back
  4. dj6666969

dj6666969 Active Member

I have a red supra with the body kit ill sell it to you for 20 bucks with the old body kit and the mild kit also the wild kit is installed let me know
  5. monsterrcbuilder04

i have the white one. good deal but im not looking for another one right now. do u know where i can get a hardware set?
  6. dj6666969

dj6666969 Active Member

I dont know where yopu could find 1 I probly have enuf extra screw to make a hole new xmod lol not totaly shure tho
  7. monsterrcbuilder04

i going to see if i can find 1 at the hardware store.
  8. dj6666969

dj6666969 Active Member

did you happen to find the right screws there?
  9. monsterrcbuilder04

no, they didn't have anything that small
  10. dj6666969

dj6666969 Active Member

ya I kinda figured, you should see if RS is going to come out with spare parts ( and i hope soon) they will probly sell a screw set, I dont know why they wouldnt im shure people have lost alot of screws from there Xmods (there so small)
  11. monsterrcbuilder04

y. they probably think because they are magnet that nobody will loose them.
  12. dj6666969

dj6666969 Active Member

ya I wish that was the case
  13. monsterrcbuilder04

i was talking to this guy and he wanted to know if he could lower his mod so i tried it and i safely lowered the front end. i still need to try the rear but it is already kinda close.
  14. monsterrcbuilder04

i found a great new mod. if you have an electric toothbrush you can rip it apart and use the motor. it is the same size can. i havnt mounted it yet but it fits in perfectly. i have to make a harness for it.
  15. dj6666969

dj6666969 Active Member

lowering------ the only way I can think of lowering a Xmod would be to use some old springs and maybe cut a few coils off? this would make it sit lower to the ground.... how did you lower it??

and also that idea just came right off the top of my head :D
  16. dj6666969

dj6666969 Active Member

toothbrush motor------ would the pinon fit on it? and I am wondering if it would really go any faster or not. Im pretty shure that it wouldnt go fast, but it might have good torque.....
  17. monsterrcbuilder04

i cut 2 coils off the front and 1 off the back. then to lower the body a little i took the black mount off of the body and just sanded down the wgite part that it screws into. this makes the body sit lower and if you do it enough then the tires will tuck. i'm still working on the front. i have to cut the front bumper for my idea to work. if i remember correctly the guy said that he used a motor out of a crest spinbrush pro and said that ti went faster then his mini-t whhich was clocked at 22mph. he figured it went around 24-25 mph. sounds pretty good and cheap to me. i just tore apart my brothers toothbrush.lol
  18. dj6666969

dj6666969 Active Member

lol I dont have any toothbrush motors like that, my xmod with the 5th cell in it I would say it has to do at least 30 or so AND THIS IS WITH THE 4WD KIT what I did was use to stock diffs and#@$% it works awsome even better then the 2 diffs thsat came with the kit, I had to return a xmod and they pretty muc let me keep the hole back end because of the hop-ups on it and I had a extra diff, its awsome
  19. monsterrcbuilder04

well the stock mod only goes about 12 so 30 is insane. thats faster then my 1/10 scale
  20. pimp

pimp Active Member

do either of u have a rtr x mod 4 sale and how faST DOES IT GO IF SO
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.