X-Men 2: X-Jet request. Pleeaase??

Discussion in 'Dream Kits & Wish Lists' started by Master-Bruce, Oct 23, 2007.

1. Master-Bruce

Master-Bruce Active Member

Hi guys,

I've seen alot of people design some awesome planes here lately. I'm not a collector of jet/plane models as such but I love my Sci-fi.

For a while now I've wanted a model of the X-jet as it was seen in X-Men 2. I have a ton of reference for it(5Mb+ zipped), even started a scratchbuild of it using milliput over a styrene frame/bulkhead.

I've tried a number of times to model it for a papermodel but my skills aren't up to the curves on this bad boy.

I'm calling some talented and kind member here to grant me my wish. Please would someone help me? I can unfold and arrange the parts with no trouble but I need someone to do the modelling in 3D. I'll send all the reference I have, this includes orthos of the jet as well as perspective views and screen caps.

I'm sure it would look awesome and many others would enjoy it as much as I would. I'd like to share the model with all the papermodellers here and anywhere else for free so that everyone can enjoy it. Plus, I'd of course hand credit for the original mesh over to he/she who helps me.

Please help a guy out????

2. OylPslyk

OylPslyk Aspiring Usurper

3. Master-Bruce

Thanks, I'll take a look. :)
  4. obiyan

obiyan New Member

have you any others photos of this model ? i love it !(sorry for my english, i am french...)
  5. Master-Bruce

I do but they're from the DVD special features. I'm not sure if I can post them with copyright stuff?? There's a lot of them on my hard drive.
  6. Master-Bruce

Oh Ok then. :)

Here are two more pics for ya.

7. obiyan

obiyan New Member

thanks !
  8. xyberz

xyberz Member

Any updates on this? If not can I get the files you have and I might be able to work on it.
  9. Master-Bruce

I guess you missed the other thread that spawned from this one?

The model is now available! :) Designed by Claudio Dias, and textured by myself, you can now download it for free from paperinside.com - FREE Paper Models Claudio's site.

I did say in the other thread that I'd be working on a larger version of the model. That hasn't happened yet but the current release as a good 30cm long. :)
  10. xyberz

xyberz Member

Ahhh very nice. Thanks for the link. Just downloaded it and willl be making this one soon once I get paper hehe.
  11. Master-Bruce

Cool. I hope you enjoy it, I'm sure you will. I've said it before but Claudio did a top job on modelling it. ;)
  12. Patron_zero

Patron_zero Member

Has this model been posted elsewhere ? I have downloaded an X-jet from a different site-forum and will make such available if anyone is interested.
  13. jaffro

jaffro Long term member

As long as you have permission from the designer that is...
  14. Master-Bruce

Patron Zero, Welcome to the forum here.

The X-Jet I co designed with Claudio Dias is available at his site as mentioned in my last post. I can't speak for Claudio but I'm happy enough with it being there and only there.

It should not have been uploaded to another forum. I have seen it at another forum but along with the download link was a link to Claudios site - Paperinside.com. Please check for permission before offering to make models available that aren't yours. :)