Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Master-Bruce, Nov 7, 2007.

1. clif52

clif52 Banned

That's one great looking jet!!!

You guys have out done yourselves. I've got to build this one. If you make the 3ft. version available I'll have to build one to hang from the ceiling of my office.

2. Wbnemo1

Wbnemo1 Member

bravo guys,
    that looks great!
  3. Master-Bruce

Master-Bruce Active Member

THANK YOU VERY MUCH GUYS!! I'm sure Claudio's with me here when I say that the praise and thanks makes designing models all the more worth while. Especially the thanks. Just need to see some build pics from you lot. :)

I'll be doing a 3'. Claudio's handed the textured PDO over to me for that. The small version has no internal structure, doesn't need it. Though the large one undoubtably will. I'll be doing that quietly in tandem with my other projects.

I'll design the internal frame and probably have to retexture it too. Thankfully the hard work has been done already so it shouldn't be too big a job. ;)

Thanks again, seeing the finished model and the comments here has made my day!
  4. MOS95B

MOS95B Member

5. Cláudio Dias

Cláudio Dias Member

I agree with every single word from Skip!

Thank you for supporting and encouraging us!

Hope you enjoy our model as much as we did designing it.

Skip, good luck wit your 3 feet bird:thumb:
  6. Master-Bruce

Thanks buddy. I'll try to make a start in the next few days. Maybe even tonight if the kids co-operate.
  7. Paragon

Paragon Active Member

For some reason I can't access your site Claudio. I've tried each link from your signature, and every time, I get an "Error". Any idea why this might be? I'd really like to build this new model.
  8. Cláudio Dias

Cláudio Dias Member

Did it work now? No errors from here...
  9. jaffro

jaffro Long term member

Words fail me...

Seriously... I've been waiting for this project to finish up before I congratulated you both on your outstanding work, but now that I see the finished model i'm floored... lost for words.

It's a work of art, you should both be very proud (as I'm sure you are).
  10. doc_harvey

doc_harvey Member

No problems at my end...
  11. axenia

axenia New Member

Erm guys....wat paper do u guys use to print it?

And is there other instruction that shows exactly wat i need to do?

i'm sometimes confuse with the image styled instructions....

thx for the great works...
  12. Master-Bruce

My preferred paper is 160gsm.

There are no other instructions for it. Though I think if you take your time the ones Claudio created are just fine.

Unless someone else is out there building one who can help you out if you get stuck??

Thank you for the thanks. :)
  13. axenia

axenia New Member

ergh....i wish i could finished it...

u guys used the glossy paper?
  14. Cláudio Dias

Cláudio Dias Member

I did! 180gsm glossy paper
  15. Trakk

Trakk Member

Finally i found a forum were i probably can get some help building the X-Jet. :mrgreen:
    First of all congratz to Skupilkinson and Claudio Dias for designing and building this magnificent papercraft for us!

I recently started to build papercraft models... so it's all pretty new to me. I'm building the X-Jet now but i can't figure out how to fold and glue part E11/12 together (step009). Can someone please help me so i can finally start building again :oops:

16. CJTK1701

CJTK1701 Banned

Wish I could help, but I haven't got there yet. Trust me, someone will be along to help you.:mrgreen:
  17. Master-Bruce

Well, part 12 glues to the end of part 11. The end that has no tabs. Start with the pointed end of part 12, glue that to the outer edge of part 11 and work your way around.

You're making a recess so the coloured edges should be facing inwards, not out.

Hope this makes sense, I find it difficult to explain things sometimes in words. Plus I just got up so my brain hasn't totally booted yet. :)
  18. Kezn

Kezn pwned in the dawn

hey, I just missed the party :p
    so its YOU that made this wonderful model skup ? :D I saw it on the net a few weeks.
    X-men fan must be really happy !

19. Master-Bruce

Glad you like it Kezn! Though thiswas a joint effort between myself and Claudio Dias. I couldn't have done this without his skills in modelling the jet. I just supplied rerence to help him then texture the model once he was done.

So in my eyes, credit goes to him. :)
  20. Cláudio Dias

Cláudio Dias Member

Credits must go also to Skip! He did a great job finding references and created an amazing set of texture files.