Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Master-Bruce, Nov 7, 2007.

1. Wbnemo1

Wbnemo1 Member

Howdy all,
    personally, I think this is looking great.......
  2. Master-Bruce

Master-Bruce Active Member

The larger version will be retextured anyway so this is for the 30cm version. I hear what you say about the smaller panels crossing over. I just thought that they were subtle enough not to jumpout at you. The smaller panels are a darker shade of blue. At first they were black but stood out too much so I went with the blue and liked it.

Thanks for the input, and thank you Wbnemo1 for the compliment. :)

Another example of smaller panels inside larger ones is the Enterprise 1701-A. The Aztec is made up of small panels inside the parge ones. I know the Enterprise is way bigger than the X-Jet but it is an example.
  3. Stev0

Stev0 Active Member

The Star Trek models ARE a good example of panelwork.

Would sheet metal sizing for panels on a air liner be a good reference for panel sizing? Are there reference pictures showing the actual panels?
  4. Master-Bruce

What, for the X-Jet? That pic I posted above is the best one showing those panels. Aside from screen caps on the DVD, there isn't alot of info on the jet.

I have the book titled, "The Art of X2" but the X-Jet pics in there are the same as the ones in the special features of the DVD.
  5. modelnutz7

modelnutz7 Member

Would not the best reference be the SR 71 Blackbird? She's the obvious choice.
    I think your'e doing a wonderful job of the panel details considering there Is virtually no decent reference on the x-jet out there, she Is a ficticious aircraft and of advanced technology so does It matter that much if the panel details don't match up to existing practice???

Tom :thumb:
  6. Master-Bruce

I agree. That's a good point about her being advanced. See as I said I don't know a hell of a lot about real world aircraft so I'm new to this. Though I really like how she's looking too.

I'm just about done now too. Two small fins for the front belly then it's a wrap! Though I'm not happy with the negine exhausts so I'll redo those. Then it can go back to Claudio for unfolding. Shouldn't be long now. :)
  7. Janx

Janx Member

Looks really good, definately looking forward to seeing the model.
  8. Gomidefilho

Gomidefilho Member

Badly I can wait to see the ready model!!!!

Great work!!!!
  9. Master-Bruce

Thank you guys. I'm nearing the end now. :)
  10. Cláudio Dias

Cláudio Dias Member

I'm back from weekend now!

I think you're doing an excellent job on textures! Maybe the lines could be lighter ...
  11. Cláudio Dias

Cláudio Dias Member

Péricles (gomidefilho), nice to hear from you again!
  12. Master-Bruce

Hi Claudio,

Good to see ya. :)

I've thought that too,maybe they are a bit dark/bold. I'll look into it.
  13. Master-Bruce

The model is now back with Claudio for unfolding. :)

The textures are done and all going well, it should be available soon. :)

Here are the final renders of it before I sent it all back to Claudio.

14. jaffro

jaffro Long term member

Great job skip, I'll definitely add this to my movie vehicle build queue... looking forward to seeing what you take on next :D
  15. shiftdel

shiftdel Member

another great team work, congratulations Claudio and Skip, nice plane... great mesh and beautiful textures!
  16. Master-Bruce

Thanks very much guys. As for what's next? I'm thinking of another plane/jet. As I'm more scifi influenced I'm leaning toward some sort of concept fighter or fictional design.

I like the EDI from Stealth, so that's a possibility. I like some of the designs in the RIFTS roleplay books too. There's a nive VTOL Combat Jet called the XM-275, or the XM-280 Fighter.

To be honest though I just don't know. :) Many,many ideas.
  17. modelnutz7

modelnutz7 Member

Hi Skip, Absolutely Beautiful rendering job, Thank you very much fo all your effort. I can't wait till claudio unfolds the model.

Tom :wave:
  18. Master-Bruce

Thanks very much and you're more than welcome. I was as eager to see this as a papermodel as some of you must have been. I'm gratefu to Claudio for doing the mesh and unfolding, and to you guys for the encouragement.

Hopefully the textures will come across Ok on Claudios software and we'll all be able to build this bird soon.

Thanks again guys.

19. clif52

clif52 Banned

Hey Skip and Claudio, great job on the X-Plane. I know Skip is a Batman fan, how about one of the Batwings from the Keaton movie or the Animated Batman cartoon from the 90's. Batman has used a lot of real world planes over the years with a little addition of Batman like styling. You could do a series if you wanted to, from the autogyro of the thirties, through the prop jobs of the 40's to the jets and VTOLs and into the scifi styles he uses today. I'd still like to see the Animated Batmobile, but thats another story for some other time. Really a great job on the X-Plane, like Skip I'd love to build one about 3ft. long, if my wife doesn't kill me.

20. Master-Bruce

Good ideas. I like the Batwings too. Back when Claudio had a poll for what he should do next, I pestered him for a while for him to do the Batmobiles in a series. I especially like the Batmobiles from the new "The Batman" animated series. A nice detailed Keaton'mobile would rock! Not as keen on the others (except for the Tumbler), Joel Schumacher totally spoiled those movies.

I may have chosen our next collaberation, it's early days yet but I can say it's not a plane or jet. It'd be awesome if we follow it through.

Like I said it's early days so I'll say no more than that. :)

Claudio's now unfolding the X-Jet, so it won't be long. He's also designed a nice display stand for it so it'll have something to sit on until it gets its landing gear, if we get to do that.