Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Master-Bruce, Nov 7, 2007.

1. Master-Bruce

Master-Bruce Active Member

I wanted to let you guys know how the X-Jet is coming along. Around 2 weeks ago I put out a callfor help getting this done. Both Oylpslyk and Claudio Diaz answered my call, Oylsplyk later dropping out due to commitments and time(or lack of).

Claudio created a wicked mesh for it, keeping it low enough poly to be paper friendly while still catching the look of the Jet.

My job is to texture it. I'm working on the final set of textures for it now. Here are some pics of the WIP. These are the prelim textures to help me get everything in place ready for creating the finalset of masters.

Hope you guys like what you see.

I'll have more as I finish the textures off. Then the model gets unfolded by Claudio. :) :)
  2. OhioMike

OhioMike Member

Awesome...i wonder how well that would fly RC? Hmmmmmm!
  3. Master-Bruce

Thanks. I'll be doing more work on the textures tomorrow. I'm liking how they're coming. Took a few passes but I'm on the right track now. :)

RC, would that be possible for this? Cool!
  4. modelnutz7

modelnutz7 Member

Can't wait till you finish this model she's absolutely Beautiful

5. OylPslyk

OylPslyk Aspiring Usurper

Lookin Good! :thumb:
  6. Paragon

Paragon Active Member

Definitely can't wait to build that one! How big will it be?
  7. OylPslyk

OylPslyk Aspiring Usurper

Many many moons ago, an uncle of mine built a turbine powered version of the original B-bird. I never got to see it fly though.

I bet this beastie would be an awesome candidate for the same tho!
  8. Nothing

Nothing Longtime Member

awsome!!!!looking good
  9. Master-Bruce

Thanks guys. From my point of view, the credit goes to Claudio. I've tried to model this thing a few times but just couldn't get it right. So without Claudio doing the mesh this wouldn't be happening.

I hope to have the textures close to wrapped up today but we'll see what time I manage to put in.

As for size, I'd like to build mine around 2 1/2'-3' long. Though I'm not sure what sort of size Claudio will want to unfold it to.
  10. Millenniumfalsehood

Millenniumfalsehood Active Member

If those RC guys can get the Millennium Falcon and Starship Enterprise to fly, this should be child's play. :)
  11. Master-Bruce

That'd be cool. I'd like to see that.
  12. obiyan

obiyan New Member

arggggg, i want it
  13. Master-Bruce

LOL! Me too. I've loved this design since I saw the movie. Have wanted a model if it since. I started a scratchbuild of it once. Never finished, due to time. That would have been 12cm long I think.

This paper one will be much bigger for me. That's why the textures are taking a while. Not just for myself but for us all, I want them to look right and be high res enough to be printed big.
  14. Nexus9

Nexus9 Member

Wow. This is a fantastic model. I agree, I loved it the minute it was on screen. Can't wait to see the textures.
  15. allhallowseve

allhallowseve Member

Great job on the 3d model, hope to see it in paper soon !!

good luck
  16. Master-Bruce

Thanks fellas, I'll do my best. :)
  17. Paragon

Paragon Active Member

Who did that........?
  18. Lex

Lex Dollmaker

They'll probably need Einstein or Hawking to do that... ;)

Great-looking jet BTW, I really like the textures
  19. Master-Bruce

Thank you. They will be better when I'm done. It's tricky trying to avoid a cartoon look to them. :)
  20. Cláudio Dias

Cláudio Dias Member

Well, as Skip said, I've designed the mesh, so thank you all, for your nice compliments.

However, Skip deserves all the credit, once he gave me a high quality reference material to work on.

Skip, you're doing an excellent work on textures! I can't wait to have it back 'in my hands' to unfold it!

I'm think about unfolding it to 30cm long, unless you want something bigger (i doesn't include you, Skip!)