X-15/file/computer help?

Discussion in 'Space & Aeronautics' started by dhanners, Jun 9, 2007.

1. dhanners

dhanners Member

Some months ago, I was casting about trying to find a good card model of the X-15. Someone sent me one (can't recall who sent it) and I downloaded the folder with six files in it and stuck it in the big model folder on the desktop of my Mac. I don't think I tried opening it at the time.

So now I go to open it since I want to build an X-15 and for some reason I can't, or I'm not smart enough to figure out how to open it. The files in question are:

X-15.x -- When I try to open it, I get a box saying "no default application" and then it tells me I should pick something to open it with. But I have no idea what it wants. (I'm still learning this computer stuff....)

X-15.mqo -- When I try opening this one, my computer attempts to import it to iphoto, but then it tells me it can't open it because the file is unrecognizable or something like that.

X-15.par -- When I try opening this one, I get a box saying "convert file from" and then it gives me a bunch of choices, but again, I have no earthly idea what it means or what I'm supposed to do.

All I want is a good card model of the X-15. I've already got the Fiddlers' Green offering, but I was told this other one is pretty decent. If I could just open it....
  2. B-Manic

B-Manic Peripheral Visionary

It sounds like you have 3D modelling software files (not paper/card models).

X-15.MQO is a Metasequoia 3D scene
    X-15.PAR is a Solid Edge model file
    X-15.X is a Microsoft Direct3D Object (binary or text)

If you do not have Metasequoia on your computer you are going to have a problem.

3. Felixdk

Felixdk New Member

Are you sure that it's a card model? Those look like file formats that are associated with an RC simulator called Flying-Model-Simulator. The homepage is here http://n.ethz.ch/student/mmoeller/fms/index_e.html. Those file formats are used by the airplane models that you can fly. Also included usually is a .bmp or .jpg and a .wav file. It's an excellent free simulator and people create models for it using Metasequoia (.mqo file) to build the 3D model.
  4. dhanners

dhanners Member

Actually, I'm not sure it's a card model, now that you mention it.

So that raises the question -- does anyone out there know of a good X-15 card model?
  5. Jim Krauzlis

Jim Krauzlis Active Member

No, the link is not active, though it IS listed on his site...pity...maybe if he's listening he might re-activate the link? Please?:grin:

6. Ashrunner

Ashrunner Member

I have NOBI's X-15 and have his blessing to spread it around.

If you need or want it, PM me with a good email for you and I'll get it out to you as soon as I can.