X-15 Design and Build

Discussion in 'Aircraft & Aviation' started by exzealot, Nov 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

hmmmmm Euro's shouldnt be available at all... I dont know how you can see them! I will take a looksy...
  2. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

hmmmmm Euro's shouldnt be available at all... I dont know how you can see them! I will take a looksy...
  3. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

Fixed! only the dollar is available... It wanted me to manually update the rates.... Paypal will make the proper payment exchanges :)
  4. exzealot

exzealot Member

To "the mole",

If all you need for the moment is the lower fin, I can quickly do it up for you and send it to your private email address. Basically, it's just an upper fin without the logo and numbers, but from what I can tell, the rivets and panels are identical. Just send me your private email, and I'll send it to you. If you want tanks, I'll be adding them on a later version, and you can add them later - no modification to the basic aircraft needed.

5. think-floyd

think-floyd Member

ah, great ok, i thought there would be something simple like that hehe, thanks Chris, and hopefully i can get my paypal up and running so i can buy some of these super models :D
  6. NYC Irish

NYC Irish Member

could you sign me up for that extra fin (and an explanation of it) when the time comes?

Thanks, I love my newest kit

John John
  7. Louis R

Louis R Member

I just got mine also just on the strength of the awesome level of details on this model.
    Well done Ken!
    Louis R
  8. Bengt F

Bengt F Active Member

New Detailed X-15 Precision 1:33 scale Card Model

What can I say - WOOWWW! :wave7:

What a model . . . :eek:

I had some notion a while ago of building the simple FG model - that is impossible now. This is really a worthwhile project, which will receive my full attention, when the time comes.
    Thank you so much, Ken, for making this fantastic model available at such a modest cost. And the thorough instructions are a marvel to read, with drawings that are masterpieces in their own right - the nose landing gear drawing is a beauty!

And thank you for sharing all the wonderful build photos and the detailed assembly descriptions all through this highly enjoyable thread.

All the best for the New Year,
    Bengt in Stockholm :thumb:

PS. And thanks, Chris, for hosting it on your site. (Thanks, also, for the detailed Fokker E.III 1:33 scale model, by Polish designer Maciej Lewan - I have it printed out already).
  9. Nando

Nando Designer Extraordinaire

Hi Ken,
    first of all my compliments for Your design! :wave7:
    I just printed a spare copy of the first sheet, to understand the build process of Your models. No problems found, every part fits perfectly and it's easy to understand how to build and assemble the parts. But I wasn't satisfied for the quality of the printed sheets, comparing them with the pictures of your build thread. So i went to a copy shop and I printed the model with a professional laser printer and what a difference! :cry:
    You can see in the first three pics the result of the build of the first sheet, and in the fourth pic the difference between my copy (on the right) and the professional one (on the left). I have to change my old printer. Can someone share with me his experience and suggest to me wich model is it better? I would like to buy an A3+ inkjet printer but I'm confused for the number of offer that You can find.

Best Nando :thumb:
  10. exzealot

exzealot Member

Hi Nando,

You are the first person to show the beginning of a build. Sorry to hear about your printer, but it looks like you are off to a great start.

Have fun!

11. smyfe

smyfe Member

I don't know how I missed this thread, I have just read it from start to finish and must say it is one of the most amazing things I have ever seen. I modelled in "the other stuff":cry: for over 30 years and this just proves that it will never be as much fun as paper:thumb:. I have just bought the model and as my new year resolution I am going to finish one, this one. i will never be able to do it the justice it deserves, but I am sure as hell going to try. Thank you for this work of art:mrgreen::mrgreen:

12. NYC Irish

NYC Irish Member

Nando thanks for your pics, Im at the same stage and a bit confused about placing the card formers, but your pics are very helpful, Please continue with them.

As a recommendation for A3+ Printers, I got a HP K1700 for Xmas, Ive been without one for over a year so I decided to get one, It was under Euro 200 and came with its 1st set of cartridges (Surprsing as they them selves would have been Euro 70 for the pair)

Its good and I have been using it without issue, I hope it lasts as long as my last HP A3+ printer...3 years in NYC and 2 more back in Ireland....thats a good printer eh?

Thanks for your pics,they help a lot...all of you

John John
  13. Nando

John, do you mean "HP Officejet K7100 Colour Inkjet Printer" may be?

Thanks for your appreciations, Nando
  14. NYC Irish

NYC Irish Member

Yup thats the one, I do not know the price in your part of Europe but as said mine included shipping for less that Euro 200..

John John
  15. Bengt F

Bengt F Active Member

A3+ Printer Suggestion

Hi Nando,

I am VERY pleased with my EPSON A3 printer, which I bought a couple of years ago. I 'upgraded' from the Epson R800, which is limited to A4. It is called Epson Stylus PHOTO R1800 and it has 8 separate containers of pigmented (light-resistant, non-ageing) ink - of the same type, by the way, as the R800. I think the new A3 model is called the R1900. I also have an Epson all-in-one A4 size scanner, the Epson Stylus DX4850, which uses only 4 containers of ink but produces prints that are just as fine as the big one.
    If I use a really good matte photo paper, I get very deep blacks and saturated colors, which I think is one of the most important features of an ink jet printer.

As you may know, the result depends to a very large extent on your choice of paper.

If I want larger than A3 plus (usually A2), I go to the local print shop and get laser-printed sheets, which are slightly more glossy.

Good luck with your new printer!

All the best from Stockholm,
    Bengt :thumb:
  16. Nando

Hi Bengt,
    It's a pleasure to see You here again. :mrgreen:
    Thank You for Your suggestion, my old printer is an old Stylus Photo also, but the 750. Now she has some problem with the ink jets and with the sheet feeder, and the quality now is poor, mainly for a quality print needed for a model like the Ken's X-15A-2. :cry:

Thank You again and I hope to see other build from You: they are always a rich harvest of teaching togheter to the always interesting information that You give to all of us.

Best, Nando :thumb:
  17. Bengt F

Bengt F Active Member

X-15 Printer Problems

Hi Nando,

If you have problems with ink feed, try automatic head cleaning first. The heads could be clogged up. If nothing works, you could try softening the ink jet heads very gently with a Topz cotton ear cleaner and a drop of warm water - that might clear the way for the ink.

Re. the sheet feeders; I always roll thick cardstock (230 g/m2) gently and insert them one at a time, with the feeder rack slightly wider that the paper´s size (2-3mm) - and sometimes I have to try several times . . .

Best of luck,
    Bengt :thumb:
  18. Request Model Grumman X-29

woow nice model, can you design Grumman X-29 & IAI LAVI in scale 1:33. Please.:wave::thumb:
  19. NYC Irish

NYC Irish Member

Oh its so confusing...

Im delighted that the kit was released so quick but OMG I am so greatful for this thread to get the darn Ejection seat....The instructions are not enough for a novice like me...

And is it worth it..an ejection seat @ Mach 6.72????

Every Little Helps I suppose :)

John John
  20. The Hermit

The Hermit Member

:cool:ooh this is going to be thesame scale as thte gpm b52 i just bought...

im going tohave to do a recolor of it so i can hang this from it

thanks so much for a great model

i hope you do just as cool of one on the next one!!!!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.