X-15 Design and Build

Discussion in 'Aircraft & Aviation' started by exzealot, Nov 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. londonbluemisty

londonbluemisty Wayne P

Fantastic build John John :thumb::thumb:
    What is the overall length of that beauty at 135%?
    It nearly covers the full length of your patio table...

2. Hans Christian

Hans Christian Active Member

hmmmm... it looks like it just landed... :inw:

SUPER JOB sir John!!!

I think we will see at least one in a museum somewhere... :twisted:
  3. wow, I bought this model about three mos. ago, but haven't built it yet. Has this been revised or do I have it as shown?
  4. Bengt F

Bengt F Active Member

Upscaled X-15 Model

Beautiful, John John,

Your detailing and precision in building this model is absolutely magnificent! I have to build this one, too. What do you reckon the scale is of your upscaled model - perhaps 1:24 or 1:20?

Superb job,
    Bengt :thumb:
  5. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

that really scaled wonderfully! :) Superb build too :)
  6. NYC Irish

NYC Irish Member

Scaled perfectly, there was no fit issues, smooth seams and wonderful kit, great design, Im dying to see more of Kens work

Length is 28 inches, not including the vent/ drain tubes at the back...

Id love to see those Strap On Boosters if anyone is willing to design them

Thanks Ken
  7. exzealot

exzealot Member

John John,

Thanks for the nice compliments!

I always had it in my mind's planner to design an "in-flight" model with external tanks and lower rudder. I'm sure I'll get to it once I finish up the Valkyrie.

8. ravster

ravster New Member

I recon this is going to look the busines.
  9. comox414

comox414 New Member

I read this entire thread this morning and just now purchased the paper model from ecardmodel.com I cant wait!,.. the only question I have is if its a download why is there a waiting period for download,.. (i guess thats a question for ecardmodels) also I noticed that an "https" (the "s" being the important part in the URL section) does not appear when i am typing in my credit card info,..

either way this model is amazing I cant wait till I get it!

I also noticed that the flight package is priced at 0.00$,.. is it to late to get that? or does it have to be purchased too at the time of the initial purchase?
  10. comox414

comox414 New Member

disregard my stupid questions LOL
    I emailed chris at ecardmodel,.. and also I didnt notice the download button on the site!,.. till now!
    now I am the proud owner of your masterpiece! I will certainly use this thread to aid in the building of this rocket! which is my very first card model!!!!
  11. Ltorib

Ltorib New Member

Why can't I find the X-15 on the e Cardmodel shop?
    Need some help.. Okay, I am new :)
  12. mrmaps

mrmaps Dances with Rockets

Sorry for the noob question, but where do you sell your work, Exzealot? You have a new customer here.
  13. Bengt F

Bengt F Active Member

14. stupels

stupels New Member

Sorry for the off topic, but is there somewhere a build report/review for Ken's 1/32 Republic F-84G Thunderjet? I've noticed it at ecardmodels.com shop, but unfortunately there is no additional info available. Thanks!
  15. Saint-Ex

Saint-Ex New Member

Excellent work. The best model I've seen.
  16. Rhaven Blaack

Rhaven Blaack ADMINISTRATOR Administrator

This is a DEAD THREAD!!!

17. Bomarc

Bomarc Member

Not wishing to violate any forum rules, but just curious as to what exactly constitutes a "dead thread" and why a posting to such a thread initiates the type of response from a forum moderator as exemplified above?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.